What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

etuzwi.jpg

Bert Jansch - 'Rosemary Lane'

Had the pleasure of seeing Jansch in Pentangle in 1991 or 92. It was fairly enjoyable even if it was out of politeness as my then wife was a fan. Forward 5 years and a different wife, and I started to really appreciate Bert Jansch. Rate this album very much but my favourite is his later album, When The Circus Comes To Town.

Really shocked but absolutely LOVING this album

57503dff.jpg

Not my usual bag at all but man it's good!!!!

I gave this a bash as I'm pretty sure we've shared album likes in the past.  About half way through it and it's bonkers, great fun!

• Like 1

A lot of music on here I'm not familiar with at all. Some very weird names, are the past 3 or 4 albums posted underground music?

No, useless's first is experimental electronic/Musique Concrete, Gabor Szabo is a relatively well known Hungarian guitarist and useless's second is music and atmospherics made by the BBC for TV and Radio. The Radiophonic Workshop knocked out some wildly experimental material alongside the pleasant and the simply bland.

• Like 1

Some of it does sound a bit like that, yes.

Musique Concrete was early sampling really. Compositions made from recordings of anything chopped up, literally, alongside period electronic noodlings.

It's a bit like the Abstract Art of music, sometimes you get it sometimes not.

A good example of where it works is 'The Forbidden Planet' OST. There's no recognisable tunes in there at all, but it's brilliant.

The Electronic Panorama is extremely cold sounding I can't listen to all four records in one go. I like that particular collection of Radiophonic Sound because it gives Derbyshire and Baker their own discs.

My preference for old electronic music is the Raymond Scott stuff especially Manhatten Research I also like Tod Dockstader although I don't have any of his releases, Creel Pone have issued some good unboring stuff too.

I haven't heard half of the stuff in this tread either doesn't mean it's underground just that there's that much music from history and being released now that it's hard to keep up I need to get back into music I guess.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â