What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

yea im asking the obvious really aint I ha. my grandad absolutely loves them and I was influenced so much by him regarding my music taste, but their one of those bands ive not really listened to. not sure if id like them enough to get their albums but i'll have to give them a try one night and see

yea im asking the obvious really aint I ha. my grandad absolutely loves them and I was influenced so much by him regarding my music taste, but their one of those bands ive not really listened to. not sure if id like them enough to get their albums but i'll have to give them a try one night and see

You really should give them a go. Brian Wilson especially is about as good a song writer as you'll find. They've produced so much amazing music. 

• Like 1

im very surprised I aint gave them a go, although im a Sabbath and zeppelin freak, I love bands like Jefferson airplane, the doors , grateful dead etc who have a much lighter style of music. I will sit down tomorrow night and try them

The Beach Boys...if you want to get into them but avoid the early surf/cars/beach hits but don't fancy the melancholy of Pet Sounds I'd advise starting with Smiley Smile (1967) and onto Wild Honey (67) Friends (68) and 20/20 (69).

My favourite era is the 70's though. Sunflower, Surfs Up, Carl and the Passions-So Tough, and Holland. Great rock albums that had a harder edge when manager Jack Riely got involved, and Ricky Fataar and Blondie Chaplin joined the band.

• Like 1

51WuYt3PMJL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

Its classed as Folk Rock but I don't really agree with that, regardless its a **** brilliant album with some pretty heart wrenching lyrics at times and some pretty funny ones at others

definitely recommend it if you fancy a nice chilled out listen

switched it off to listen to some Drive by Truckers

220px-Dbtbigtodo.jpg

Not there best album by a long shot but there is still some pretty good stuff on there, the DBT's are my favourite band that are currently together and still recording so I have to make a point of sticking this on every now and again otherwise I always just end up going for Decoration Day or The Dirty South and stuff from that sort of era

Having said that The Wig He Made Her Wear is one of my favourite tracks which is on this album

The Beach Boys...if you want to get into them but avoid the early surf/cars/beach hits but don't fancy the melancholy of Pet Sounds I'd advise starting with Smiley Smile (1967) and onto Wild Honey (67) Friends (68) and 20/20 (69).

My favourite era is the 70's though. Sunflower, Surfs Up, Carl and the Passions-So Tough, and Holland. Great rock albums that had a harder edge when manager Jack Riely got involved, and Ricky Fataar and Blondie Chaplin joined the band.

That's definitely the era id avoid because that's what put me off listening to them, just aint into the surfing and cars thing. I was going to start with pet sounds as ive always heard it was their best album although its probably become a bit of a cliché. I can probably see me liking their seventies stuff more to be honest. cheers for the advice, I will give one of the albums you mentioned a go

• Like 1

This (although I like the surf and cars era, too).

When my younger daughter was a teenager, her first boyfriend was a huge metal/grunge fan. She introduced him to the BB's - and her parents thanked me for it, as he became a big fan, and still apparently plays their albums to this day. 

• Like 2

Leslie west, mountain. Really into him at the moment and the band he was in mountain. Mountain are hard rock at its best, once read that jeff beck said leslie west was the best guitarist alive today, would not argue with that. Love his voice also

This (although I like the surf and cars era, too).

When my younger daughter was a teenager, her first boyfriend was a huge metal/grunge fan. She introduced him to the BB's - and her parents thanked me for it, as he became a big fan, and still apparently plays their albums to this day. 

So, basically, you thanked yourself. ;) People should do that more often.

Leslie west, mountain. Really into him at the moment and the band he was in mountain. Mountain are hard rock at its best, once read that jeff beck said leslie west was the best guitarist alive today, would not argue with that. Love his voice also

Try his latest album, "Still Climbing"

Very good

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â