What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

matana-roberts3.jpg

Matana Roberts - Coin Coin Chapter One: Gens de Couleur Libres

When it comes to jazz I'm a little bit stuck in my ways, I love my Mingus, Dolphy, Davis, Coltrane, Blakey etc and don't often venture into the contemporary, however I picked up this album last year and haven't really stopped listening to it since.

So, got the new Yeah Yeah Yeah's album to listen too...

But I can't, because I can't stop listening to this....

Nick%2BCave%2BBoatmans%2BCall.jpg

Another VT recommendation! :)

I have to say, becoming familiar with all of Nick Cave's albums has been a true delight. Nearly as amazing as when I discovered The Smiths. 

So far I've gone from...... Push The Sky Away > Murder Ballads > The Boatman's Call 

I love each of the above albums for very different reasons, and I have no idea what album I'm going to get into next, and I have no idea what type of album it's going to be. It's awesome. 

I don't know if anyone knows this, but Nick Cave wrote most of the tracks on The Boatman's Call (including Into My Arms which is genius) about PJ Harvey. Who is another of my favourite artists. 

Loving it. :)

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

61qYLQdMd1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Been listening to this for the past few days, good stuff its like the drive by truckers\ lynyrd skynyrd.

If you are into the southern rock/americana sort of sound then you will more than likely enjoy this

They are very good

Land Rover Inferno by Ben Stephenson.

I've heard it has a sneaky chance of getting to No. 1.

I may buy ten copies, I like it so much. And I haven't even heard it yet.

I'm doing the dance right now.

Been listening to this for the past few days, good stuff its like the drive by truckers\ lynyrd skynyrd.

If you are into the southern rock/americana sort of sound then you will more than likely enjoy this

They are very good

You just listened to them or did you already know of them?

I've got little piece of dixy and wipoorwill.

They are very good

You just listened to them or did you already know of them?

I've got little piece of dixy and wipoorwill.

Discovered them a few months ago on Carter County radio, along with Rhino Bucket. I proceeded to acquire both bands back catalogue ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â