What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Preferably acoustically sealed.

Fine by me. Then we wouldn't have to listen to the other shite. 

11 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Thanks! Definitely mining from a generally similar groove on this hot (actually, it’s a chilly 90 today, but gonna be at least a week of every day over 100 starting Friday) Tuesday afternoon 

Ugh. Glad we went in January!

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Ugh. Glad we went in January!

It’s a lot cooler down there, especially near the coast where you were. Mind you, it’s in the 80s there, but it’s nothing like the Central Valley. About 10 years ago my wife was headhunted for a good job at the Hollywood satellite of Emerson University. After a lot of hard thinking we did the (probably) right thing of not going but it’s hard to not think about what might have been 

Gonna be in SF for 3+ days next weekend, seeing a Giants game and two Drive By Truckers shows at the legendary Fillmore. According to forecast it will be a minimum of 30 degrees cooler than Chico. Can’t wait 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Triple disc red/green/blue vinyl bootleg. Superb quality, some boots are pretty poor.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This boy’s birthday yesterday?

Yeah, sadly he'll probably be featuring in a different VT thread next.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah, sadly he'll probably be featuring in a different VT thread next.

When his new ode to Grealish is released?

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Cool Head, the new album from Georgia Ruth.

spacer.png

vaguely folksy country harp playing loveliness, possibly on the outer edge of the @Seat68 spectrum

I do indeed like it more that it feeds the sort of folk music hunger I have. Humour me here, did you post something by her some time back and I also liked that. I am deliberating buying “Cool Head”. Will depend on what my wife has bought while she has been out if it is CD version at a tenner or the vinyl. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I do indeed like it more that it feeds the sort of folk music hunger I have. Humour me here, did you post something by her some time back and I also liked that. I am deliberating buying “Cool Head”. Will depend on what my wife has bought while she has been out if it is CD version at a tenner or the vinyl. 

Yep, the other album was Week of Pines, I stuck it in the photo, ‘cos it’s in my new little book.

You can pick it up from Bandcamp, but if you buy direct from the label, Bubblewrap, they’ll throw in something random from the back catalogue.

fwiw, the pictures with the book for a few albums are just me keeping a record of what I’ve got for my own nerdy record keeping / insurance porpoises. Nothing in the collection as a single item that’s worth anything much, but as a whole quite pricey to replace, so its insurance proof.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

IMG-9972.jpg

IMG-9973.jpg

I've got Spotlight Kid and Lick My Decals Off on a double reissue.

I struggle to appreciate Mr Beefheart. Maybe I should try again when the 'shrooms come out...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â