What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Never heard of these guys til an American friend tipped me off, they've only been going forty-odd years!

spacer.png

Very nice indeed.

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Never heard of these guys til an American friend tipped me off, they've only been going forty-odd years!

spacer.png

Very nice indeed.

Same. According to the Internet they are popular mostly in The Netherlands. 

spacer.png

Group Listening (Stephen Black, aka Sweet Baboo, and Paul Jones)

instrumental loveliness, all woodwind, and wind synths, and synths

I can’t imagine there’s ever been a time when such a rich and diverse music scene has been available, it’s ridiculously good

I've just been to visit a printer we use in Kirkby with some artwork...

Quick conversation about music and vinyl.

I now have about 100-150 albums and the same again in 7" singles in the boot of my car

Some of its utter cack, some will make you laugh that I have

Bit some of it is absolute gold... Secondhand Daylight - Magazine. (First Press), Song From Under The Floorboards 7" - Magazine, Armed Forces - Elvis Costello (First press with the quadrant fold out rear), Christine 7" - Siouxsie and there are bags I haven't touched

I was going to brave the TS shit tonight and work, not now :D 

• Like 4

This was in the haul. Never heard it before but some research tells me it was Manzanera's first solo album released in 1975

I think apart from Brian Ferry, every member of Roxy Music features as does Robert Wyatt (on the opening track), Eno is even singing

It may just be slipping into the keeper pile. I mean it’s not fantastic but it is a curio for the collection

image.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

I've just been to visit a printer we use in Kirkby with some artwork...

Quick conversation about music and vinyl.

I now have about 100-150 albums and the same again in 7" singles in the boot of my car

Some of its utter cack, some will make you laugh that I have

Bit some of it is absolute gold... Secondhand Daylight - Magazine. (First Press), Song From Under The Floorboards 7" - Magazine, Armed Forces - Elvis Costello (First press with the quadrant fold out rear), Christine 7" - Siouxsie and there are bags I haven't touched

I was going to brave the TS shit tonight and work, not now :D 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bickster said:

@Seat68

This was in the haul.

image.jpeg

and this

image.jpeg

Not played them yet

Not going to lie I have never heard of that Cash album, doesn’t appear on my spreadsheet either. I think its because its a compilation with no unique tracks on it. That said its an interesting one as I had never heard of it. Looking at the tracklist it seems to have a few non hits/album tracks on jt so I wonder what the story is behind it. I don’t know the other people in it too well so I am thinking was it something for radio stations perhaps. 

Edited by Seat68

19 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Looking at the tracklist it seems to have a few non hits/album tracks on jt so I wonder what the story is behind it. I don’t know the other people in it too well so I am thinking was it something for radio stations perhaps. 

Nah, it’s not a radio thing, it has multiple pressings in different countries and even at least three different covers (yellow / red / with a heart) and was originally released in 1962 but released multiple times up to 1967 (which is when the UK version was released)

Strange thing

• Like 1

Peter Gabriel - Shaking the Tree (12 Golden Greats)

Contains all the hits

Compilation from 1990, in remarkable NM condition. Plays perfectly, I’ve bought new records in far worse condition.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

The critics tend to favour The Twelve Dreams of Doctor Sardonicus, but I've always had a soft spot for Spirit's 1968 debut album. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The critics tend to favour The Twelve Dreams of Doctor Sardonicus, but I've always had a soft spot for Spirit's 1968 debut album. 

Now that’s the Spirit!

Here’s one for the critics, with 4 lads Neil found off the street backing him

• Like 2

Currently Talking Heads - 77. UK first press in very nice VG+ condition. Both of these from the freebie haul I got this week

image.jpeg

Before that it was Magazine - The Correct Use of Soap. UK first press and again in very nice VG+ condition

image.jpeg

• Like 3

On 14/06/2024 at 08:41, bickster said:

Peter Gabriel - Shaking the Tree (12 Golden Greats)

Contains all the hits

Compilation from 1990, in remarkable NM condition. Plays perfectly, I’ve bought new records in far worse condition.

image.jpeg

I had that on CD. A few of the tracks are alternative mixes. I really like the version of I Have The Touch on here, and I think Here Comes The Flood is the superior acoustic piano version.

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I had that on CD. A few of the tracks are alternative mixes. I really like the version of I Have The Touch on here, and I think Here Comes The Flood is the superior acoustic piano version.

I’m no massive fan, I don’t dislike him and I have some of his early solo albums on an imaginary list of things I’d like to explore, so this might serve as a decent jumping off point.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â