What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

11 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

The first American release is so damn good. Remember hearing it the day it was released (was working at a record store in Austin) and it was a straight up revelation. Many forget, or maybe never knew, just how far his career had fallen in the 80s. The music he made for years before that release was so awfully bad, and most thought he’d never return to form. Well, he proved them wrong 

Bad? How very dare you. More a case of the masses didn’t align with him. His label dropping him didn’t help but there are some gems at the end of his Columbia run and even on his Mercury albums a few high points. I like Boom Chicka Boom alot and Water From The Wells of Home is above average. I should add a disclaimer by my own admission I am blinkered when it comes to him but my favourite period is 70-85

14 hours ago, bickster said:

La Luz - News of the Universe

Bought recently, still settling into it. Bit of a speculative purchase based on a previous album of theirs I own.

image.jpeg

Hadn't heard of these - enjoying it! They remind me of The Last Dinner Party but more interesting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Bad? How very dare you. More a case of the masses didn’t align with him. His label dropping him didn’t help but there are some gems at the end of his Columbia run and even on his Mercury albums a few high points. I like Boom Chicka Boom alot and Water From The Wells of Home is above average. I should add a disclaimer by my own admission I am blinkered when it comes to him but my favourite period is 70-85

IMG-9861.gif

😉

• Haha 1

On 28/05/2024 at 16:38, Nor-Cal Villan said:

A lady after my own heart! My wife is the exact opposite when it comes to Neil. Like a Hurricane triggers her

LaH is probably her single favourite track. When we saw him live in 2016, her only complaint was that he didn't play it. She shouted it out as a request, but he explained it was the wrong part of the set, where he was playing the Gretsch, rather than Old Black. 

On every road trip of any distance, she insists that we play the whole of Psychedelic Pill, start to finish. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

LaH is probably her single favourite track. When we saw him live in 2016, her only complaint was that he didn't play it. She shouted it out as a request, but he explained it was the wrong part of the set, where he was playing the Gretsch, rather than Old Black. 

On every road trip of any distance, she insists that we play the whole of Psychedelic Pill, start to finish. 

You’ve got yourself a keeper 🍻

I saw the 2012 tour with Crazy Horse three times- two at Red Rocks and one at Lake Tahoe. That was the tour where the Psychedelic Pill material was debuted. The album was released two months later. He also played a couple of Americana songs that tour. Good times, indeed

• Like 1

spacer.png

A sampler of (mostly) current ‘guitar based’ Swansea bands. I knew 5 of the 15, so now I have 10 new Swansea bands I can name drop like I’m all over it.

Stand out track so far would be by Soundwire, a new krautish motorik discovery so well worth the punt.

Gatefold, a poster, an A3 sheet of fanzine ramblings, download code, splashy vinyl, made in the Czech Republic, I can’t imagine they’re expecting vast sales numbers, but change from a £20.

• Like 1

Bought this today, in that “Indie” version of HMV, part owned by Warners… (it was cheap)

Bloke behind counter (bleached blonde hair, bight coloured baseball jacket and matching cap) serves me and says… “I was playing that Francois Hardy album in my kitchen the other day and my mate says to me… it’s like we're in a cool French movie… It was sick”

my response was “Never happened!” Paid and left.

image.jpeg

Also a bit of a surprise when I got home, this was ordered on Wednesday, the day they announced it and just released it (inc a session on Riley and Coe that night) and it arrived today, a whole week earlier than they estimated.

Beak> and their fourth album >>>> (yes that’s what they do with their titles, new chevron every release)

It a Beak> album, it’s very Krautrock, it's very Beak>

image.jpeg

• Like 3

On 01/06/2024 at 23:45, bickster said:

Also a bit of a surprise when I got home, this was ordered on Wednesday, the day they announced it and just released it (inc a session on Riley and Coe that night) and it arrived today, a whole week earlier than they estimated.

Beak> and their fourth album >>>> (yes that’s what they do with their titles, new chevron every release)

It a Beak> album, it’s very Krautrock, it's very Beak>

image.jpeg

Nice, putting this on right now cheers!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Labyrinth Constellation by Artificial Brain

Basically it's dense technical death metal with groove and atmosphere. Easily one of the best bands in the proggier corner of death metal on the scene today imo, and this debut album is banger certified.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â