What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

52 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

My reaction is because I need to buy some stuff by him but it remains not in my price point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Winterlong by Pixies for the win. 

Easily one of my favorite Neil songs, love the Whitten era Crazy Horse version (as heard on the Fillmore East live release) 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

My reaction is because I need to buy some stuff by him but it remains not in my price point. 

You have to stick to your price. I don’t remember how much Bronco was, but I’m averse to high prices. That copy of Pony would have been under £20.

Some shops do appear to try and make a living from seeing how much they can charge. I saw a used copy of Phantom Power up in Hay on Wye on the weekend, £120. I mean the only alternative to that would be an original from Discogs for £50 or a new copy from Spillers for £28.

I mentioned upthread, that Horace Andy was £14 new, rereleased at the same time, a Bowie album, £37. The guy is dead, the record already in the can, so someone is being a greedy prick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

We’ll talk of Crazy Horse made me get this out

image.jpeg

A couple of my London Rustie (members of the now-defunct Internet Neil forum The Rust List) friends are fairly tight with him 

8 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

A couple of my London Rustie (members of the now-defunct Internet Neil forum The Rust List) friends are fairly tight with him 

He’s been a mate of mine since the 80s. I even bumped into him in the pub when I was out for a drink with @theboyangel :D 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

... I mentioned upthread, that Horace Andy was £14 new, rereleased at the same time, a Bowie album, £37. The guy is dead, the record already in the can, so someone is being a greedy prick.

The Tory Brexit morons getting us all f**ked over makes for a multiple pile-up.

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

He’s been a mate of mine since the 80s. I even bumped into him in the pub when I was out for a drink with @theboyangel :D 

Nice! The friend who recruited me into supporting Villa is one of people I mentioned who knows him. 

I never bump into anyone cool at the pub/bars here 🤣

• Haha 1

La Luz - News of the Universe

Bought recently, still settling into it. Bit of a speculative purchase based on a previous album of theirs I own.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bought recently, still settling into it. Bit of a speculative purchase based on a previous album of theirs I own.

image.jpeg

Not as instantly catchy as Floating Features but it’s growing on me with every play through . 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Not as instantly catchy as Floating Features but it’s growing on me with every play through . 

Yeah it’s a bit of a slow burn I think

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bickster said:

image.jpeg

👍👍 They play around here pretty regularly. In fact, they will be in Sacramento on Nov 6 and then the next day in San Francisco. They have played in Chico at the Sierra Nevada Brewery but it’s been a while 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 2

On the road today to South Manchester. On the way there it will be Cash’s first American release and on the way back American II Unchained. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

On the road today to South Manchester. On the way there it will be Cash’s first American release and on the way back American II Unchained. 

The first American release is so damn good. Remember hearing it the day it was released (was working at a record store in Austin) and it was a straight up revelation. Many forget, or maybe never knew, just how far his career had fallen in the 80s. The music he made for years before that release was so awfully bad, and most thought he’d never return to form. Well, he proved them wrong 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â