What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Can you post a photo of what you think is broken. Also is that an Audio Technica At-LPW30? 

Will when get back in and yes it is. No matter how much we try and adjust the balance of the arm it still sits tight on the lp . 

42 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Will when get back in and yes it is. No matter how much we try and adjust the balance of the arm it still sits tight on the lp . 

There are effectively three settings you can alter. The counter-weight slides up and down the end of the arm, it should click into place, is it possible the weight isn’t where it should be? Also the counter-weight rotates as per the graduations on the dial. Aside from the counter-weight the there “anti skate” dial which may also need adjustment

Heres a video in setting up your deck

• Thanks 1

Anyhooo… HMV purchases. The only way to buy in there is if it’s in the 3 for £55 deal or 2 for £40 at a push. Anyway this is well worth the £18.50 (inc 50p for the bag the robbing bar stewards)

Sparks - Past Tense three slabs of vinyl in a career spanning retrospective

Edit: I just realised the annoying Beat the Clock, which must be one of their biggest hits isn’t on here. Kudos for that because I never liked it

image.jpeg

• Like 3

So second up another career retrospective compilation, this time the highly influential band Suicide - Surrender, a double album

I didn’t realise at the time of purchase but Suicide / Sparks both duos, both early pioneers of the Synth, both one word names starting with S. Hmmmm.

No real point in putting the cover up, it’s white and embossed in white

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, you know where they ripped off that idea, don't you?  ;) 

Dadaist and Pop Artist Marcel Duchamp I believe :D 

Its a marketing thing not a band thing, as it happens The White Album is the best Schmeatles album cover

• Haha 1

And the third from today… I sort of wanted this when it came out a while back but I wasn’t paying 30 odd quid when I already had a fair few tracks but it does have some crucial Scratch that I didn’t have, specific mixes and suchlike anyway when it’s down to £18.50 (inc bag) that’s a different matter. I reckon I could do a good 24 hour no repeat DJ session where I play just £$P tracks now

Lee Scratch Perry - King Scratch

image.jpeg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

And the third from today… I sort of wanted this when it came out a while back but I wasn’t paying 30 odd quid when I already had a fair few tracks but it does have some crucial Scratch that I didn’t have, specific mixes and suchlike anyway when it’s down to £18.50 (inc bag) that’s a different matter. I reckon I could do a good 24 hour no repeat DJ session where I play just £$P tracks now

Lee Scratch Perry - King Scratch

image.jpeg

That’s exactly how I bought it, I waited.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Anyhooo… HMV purchases. The only way to buy in there is if it’s in the 3 for £55 deal or 2 for £40 at a push. Anyway this is well worth the £18.50 (inc 50p for the bag the robbing bar stewards)

Sparks - Past Tense three slabs of vinyl in a career spanning retrospective

Edit: I just realised the annoying Beat the Clock, which must be one of their biggest hits isn’t on here. Kudos for that because I never liked it

image.jpeg

My Baby's Taking Me Home is a total masterpiece, I can't get enough of that song. Dick Around is genius too. Lil Beethoven and Hello Young Lovers are just two superb albums.

I saw them live earlier this year, they were great (well, the second half of the set anyway, wasn't quite so keen on the first half so much).

• Like 2

Finally. It's been an astonishing level of faffing to actually get to this point, but it's here, and it really is pretty good. Hasn't got a real kickass heavy tune on it, which usually there is something a bit heavier, but it's still an album of sweeping highs and lows and emotion and fun and wonderful tunes and invention. Love it. Not sure any individual song on it I would rate amongst his best (although I might change my mind in time) but as an entirety it's a great album.

Peter Gabriel i/o

download.jpeg.38f13c34d677017346edc00b0daab949.jpeg

25 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

image.jpeg.df7a31c017102f686deaf3bf12341c94.jpeg

just giving this its first play - made by Tim Smith who used to front Midlake. 

Nice so far and suits the frosty morning in Devon! 

Ha! Just posted that in the Albums of the Year thread. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â