What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Was a little concerned as we are all away this weekend that this would be left on my doorstep, just arrived and about to be played.

PXL-20231124-101609907-MP.jpg

You’d hope if they were going to leave that on your doorstep it would at least be in a plain brown wrapper.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You’d hope if they were going to leave that on your doorstep it would at least be in a plain brown wrapper.

Much as I continue to defend The Beatles against @bickster, I'm afraid I consider 95% of their subsequent solo recordings as poor and uninteresting. And most of that remaining 5% is All Things Must Pass. 

Seven years of magnificence followed by fifty years of mediocrity. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Much as I continue to defend The Beatles against @bickster, I'm afraid I consider 95% of their subsequent solo recordings as poor and uninteresting. And most of that remaining 5% is All Things Must Pass. 

Eventually, when there is a copy at a sensible price, I’ll acquire All Things Must Pass.

There is a re release of an album by Splinter (The Place I Love) which appears to have Harrison as producer and lots of backing instruments, I nearly got that but put it back.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I like all of Lennon's bar 2 virgins, McCartney is OK for me up to Flaming Pie, Ringo is good for his debut and Harrison is OK for his debut. I tend to be more forgiving of Lennon and MCartney. 

49 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I like all of Lennon's bar 2 virgins, McCartney is OK for me up to Flaming Pie, Ringo is good for his debut and Harrison is OK for his debut. I tend to be more forgiving of Lennon and MCartney. 

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have (but rarely play): 

Lennon - Plastic Ono Band, Imagine (plus an Imagine outtakes bootleg) and a Greatest Hits 

McCartney - debut album, Ram, Red Rose Speedway, Band on the Run, Run Devil Run 

Harrison - All Things Must Pass 

Starr - Ringo 

I could probably assemble an hour's playlist from that lot, and scrap the rest. 

I'm unfamiliar with most of their stuff after that, but what I have heard has left me cold. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have (but rarely play): 

Lennon - Plastic Ono Band, Imagine (plus an Imagine outtakes bootleg) and a Greatest Hits 

McCartney - debut album, Ram, Red Rose Speedway, Band on the Run, Run Devil Run 

Harrison - All Things Must Pass 

Starr - Ringo 

I could probably assemble an hour's playlist from that lot, and scrap the rest. 

I'm unfamiliar with most of their stuff after that, but what I have heard has left me cold. 

Plastic ono band is for me the best of the solo material, followed by band on the run. I think I started on the solo material as I felt I had overplayed the Beatles albums. I had Lennon so started on McCartney, but I am under no illusions, as time went on, for me at least, he got shitter. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just tried to play one of my albums to see what the problem is again. It’s nothing to do with the belt it’s the arm sitting down too heavy on the lp creating a fuzzy sound and a repetitive bumping noise throughout the song 

There should be an adjustable counterweight on the other end of the arm, that you can slide back to alter the balance. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Cheers Mike looks like I was being dumb and I’ll be able to sort it. 

I'm pretty sure I told you to do this last week 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Cheers Mike looks like I was being dumb and I’ll be able to sort it. 

Get it too light, and you'll get skipping, but a bit of trial and error should locate the 'sweet spot'. (KW) 

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

I'm pretty sure I told you to do this last week 🤣

I forgot rob . Just remembered to look at it again this morning to match it up with the advice I got from you and one or two others on here. My wife has told me to piss off and she’ll do it once she gets chance because I get too stressed regarding stuff like this 🙂

• Like 1

Watching the match but listening to the recent Mick Head album (Dear Scott) because the missus wants it on after conversations about him last night. I’m now facing being chided about why I don’t have the previous album Adiós Señor Pussycat because that has the song Queen of All Saints on it. It’s about a school teacher from junior school and her and Mick were in the same class. Right now Mick doesn’t know that my missus went to school with him but I suspect he'll find out when she finds a photo of them in their Holy Communion outfits emerges from the photo box, she also reckons she’s got other photos of them on a school trip

Anyway, I hope he’s enjoying his honeymoon in Llandudno with Saida, they got married yesterday.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â