What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Working another Sunday! (Hopefully the last one of the year though) 

I’ve decided to dig out some older albums I’ve loved but not listened to in a good while.

On todays playlist is -

image.jpeg.d7e49314affa28b521c86a6a2d0dee0b.jpeg

image.jpeg.971126c6e0f4c4dd4a3eb38f23e5d940.jpeg

image.jpeg.58427d19c1c0129b5ddc640999d14507.jpeg

image.jpeg.13942882e94e8d3a94e072da06e0f3f4.jpeg

image.jpeg.c1d1e42c15fb740f75682bf66a2241ad.jpeg

image.jpeg.38de441e04b84fe9a58f5fd9cee0a0f7.jpeg

image.jpeg.3d11b0d85c7b9bfbe35a687c3dc6ed2d.jpeg

image.jpeg.a4bf530e30a99f51b1a3e988a311ea8a.jpeg

that should help the next 10 hours pass nicely 😅🥳

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 4

spacer.png

Got some bargains in Plymouth, Genesis, The Kinks and this

Edited by rjw63
keenan type awful typo, shameful, and then noticed another, must be an age thing
  • Like 1

I had to nip into town for a work related task, it was about 100 meters away from Probe Records, it would have been outrageously rude of me not to go in

Anyway, I'm now counting down the minutes to home time so I can play this new CD in the car (The double vinyl was so expensive Probe refused to stock it and I wouldn't have bought it at that price either)

Dub Syndicate - Fear of a Green Planet. Ltd Edition (of 500) with 4 previously unreleased tracks. This is from the period where there really wasn't an On-U Sound Label so DS had to look to other labels. Style Scott himself produced it but Adrian Sherwood mixed and engineered it.

image.png

My other purchase yesterday. The new and second studio collaboration between The Liminanas and Pascal Comelade - Boom Boom

Its been a short while since a proper Liminanas album, so it’s very welcome

image.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can’t play any lps because my arm thingy majigy seems broken . Every time I put an album on the arm puts too much pressure on the lp and the sound goes into slow motion. What’s up with it? 

Sounds like counterbalance needs adjustment and you need a new drive belt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can’t play any lps because my arm thingy majigy seems broken . Every time I put an album on the arm puts too much pressure on the lp and the sound goes into slow motion. What’s up with it? 

Do you see a noticeable speed change before and after the arm is lowered? Is it a belt driven turn table, is there a change in speed on 45 and 33?

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Do you see a noticeable speed change before and after the arm is lowered? Is it a belt driven turn table, is there a change in speed on 45 and 33?

I’m not sure it’s been a few months now but I want it sorting so can start playing my albums and buying again . I’ll check tonight regatding the speed pre and post arm down . I’ve told my missus get it sorted as one of my Xmas presents but thought I’d get some advice on here first incase it was something simple. 

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m not sure it’s been a few months now but I want it sorting so can start playing my albums and buying again . I’ll check tonight regatding the speed pre and post arm down . I’ve told my missus get it sorted as one of my Xmas presents but thought I’d get some advice on here first incase it was something simple. 

It may be a new belt, or the belt slipping

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Was a little concerned as we are all away this weekend that this would be left on my doorstep, just arrived and about to be played.

PXL-20231124-101609907-MP.jpg

It's great that your campervan can run on such thin widely available wheels

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â