What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

29 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Katy J Pearson has recorded the songs from The Wicker Man

I’ll have to have a listen. Her album from was it earlier this year, or last year maybe, was excellent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

PJ Harvey - I Inside The Old Year Dying

I kind of bought this when it came out in July and sort of forgot about it but I’ve played it a few times this week and as much as it seems to have gone under the radar a bit for me,I have no idea why! it’s a great album and will most definitely be on the end of year list.

I've not seen this said elsewhere but for me it definitely has Radiohead vibes

I’m maybe less taken by it. Perhaps I need to dig it out again. I didn’t get the Radiohead vibes when I bought it and listened several times. 

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I’ll have to have a listen. Her album from was it earlier this year, or last year maybe, was excellent. 

Totally agree - I think she is a great musician, her voice reminds me a little of Stevie Nicks. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Totally agree - I think she is a great musician, her voice reminds me a little of Stevie Nicks. 

yep.

On 12/05/2022 at 15:04, blandy said:

Katy J Pearson - Talk Over Town

Sounds a bit like Stevie Nicks fronting the War on Drugs. I like it.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2023 at 08:32, Xann said:

I grew up with Schoolhouse Rock on Saturday morning TV.  It wasn’t until I got older that I really appreciated how good some of it was.  I have many adult friends who say the exact same thing.   Some friends have been having huge a home brew party every fall for the past 30 years and one year someone broke out a VHS of these videos and a room in their house was packed with 30-somethings watching it instead of drinking good beer, eating good food and socializing with good friends outside.

On 05/11/2023 at 14:36, Xann said:

R-16188016-1604946194-5590.jpg.75ab5f99fd13a0f669e9297ecda6c999.jpg

Various Artists - 'Learn-Play Bongos With "Mr Bongo"'

A Mr Bongo label sampler.

Now there’s one I haven’t heard for a long time!   I used to have it on both vinyl and CD.  The player in my car ate up the 8-track tape the day I got it, unfortunately.

One for the odd record collection. This is a tribute to some architect called Buckminster Fuller

Papernut Cambridge - Outstairs Instairs

I ve seen it described as Art / Glam / Psyche Rock, in reality its a bloke with a keyboard and some mates (sonically similar to Go-Kart Mozart)

Why is it an oddity? Well side A plays from the label outwards with a closed groove on the traditional run in.

Yes, it you have an automatic deck you can’t play side A.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â