What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

A couple of months ago I did a random purchase because it was new and it was £14, that was a band called Sock.

Well a few months on and Jake Church’s other side project is Part Time Signals. Recorded in one day in Chapter Arts, Cardiff its pretty much the opposite of that Bug Club record from the other day, it’s mellow and reminiscent of sort of mid seventies vaguely American rock with a little bit of that early seventies keyboard sound. Well, it does to me anyways.

There were 100 of these, according to the website, somehow, there are still 4 left.

spacer.png

I bought this at a time when I didn’t have a turntable!

You can’t say no to a double 10” with screen printed sleeve.

Painting a wall (which I think pretty much settles the argument on whether working from home is any good), and inspired by Xann’s last choice I’m on some tropical sounds, and birds, and stuff.

Though I must confess, 2 tunes per side and bright green paint up my hands is a high risk combo.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I bought this at a time when I didn’t have a turntable!

You can’t say no to a double 10” with screen printed sleeve.

Painting a wall (which I think pretty much settles the argument on whether working from home is any good), and inspired by Xann’s last choice I’m on some tropical sounds, and birds, and stuff.

Though I must confess, 2 tunes per side and bright green paint up my hands is a high risk combo.

spacer.png

Blimey, haven't heard Mike Cooper since his blues-playing days (Machine Gun Company, etc.) Didn't know he was still going. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Blimey, haven't heard Mike Cooper since his blues-playing days (Machine Gun Company, etc.) Didn't know he was still going. 

Don’t know if he’s still going tbh, that was 20 years ago I bought that one. To be honest, it was bought primarily for the cover artwork, it was an accessible way to get hold of a Pete Fowler print, even though its a step removed from his usual imagery.

It was a happy extra that the music is enjoyable. 20 years on and its still on the accessible shelves where lots of more recent purchases have slipped away. 

Just did a Discogs out of curio and over the last 3 or 4 years it’s sold for £45 every time one has come up. I’ve never sold anything on, I just get curious about what has monetary value and what’s £2.50 in a box on the floor at British Heart Foundation.

• Like 1

Quiet Marauder

another album born out of lockdown and lots of spare time with your thoughts

luckily, most of his thoughts were about making sangria at 8:35am and perving on his girlfriend doing yoga

spacer.png

• Like 1

One for you heavy sounding miserabilist's.... the second album by Bonnacons of Doom - Signs

Liverpool based psych-drone band on Rocket Recordings, one to add to the Goat & Snapped Ankles list of bands that play in masks

MTUtNTU1NS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hail! Hail! Mother **** dirty sweet pretty country acid house rock n roll music is back.

Far better than it has any right to be.

spacer.png 

And of course, this being Alabama 3, there was never a volume 1.

• Like 2

AhGeeBe, Chin Up, Chief

10 miles up the road in Creigiau, Rhodri Brooks writes songs, co-produces music, records at home studio, plays guitar, pedal steel, lap steel, piano, keyboards, bass, penny whistle and does vocals in english and welsh. Some bloody people, eh! He’s also got David Newington (Boy Azooga) on drums and percussion.

A lovely slice of relaxed melodic Cardiffian Americana.

spacer.png

Another limited release on Bubblewrap, basically there are 100 of these in the wild so you buy it when its released or you miss it. 100 of these at 20 a pop and no CD version isn’t making anyone a millionaire super quick. 

PJ Harvey - I Inside The Old Year Dying

I kind of bought this when it came out in July and sort of forgot about it but I’ve played it a few times this week and as much as it seems to have gone under the radar a bit for me,I have no idea why! it’s a great album and will most definitely be on the end of year list.

I've not seen this said elsewhere but for me it definitely has Radiohead vibes

image.jpeg

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â