What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

47 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think you were unmoved when I posted up Bronco, @Seat68

Just picked up the previous one! 

Pony, Orville Peck.

spacer.png

I have said it before Chris, I really want to like him. If his stuff was cheaper I would buy it as I don't hate it, maybe next year I will get a few albums. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have said it before Chris, I really want to like him. If his stuff was cheaper I would buy it as I don't hate it, maybe next year I will get a few albums. 

Yeah I must confess, the music budget has gone out the window recently for a variety of reasons and I’ve been treating myself. That was definitely a last minute addition to the shopping trip. 

On 06/10/2023 at 13:16, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

Leaving work early never happened and only just managed to get into town today. It’s currently on. It’s good but on first listen I don’t think it'll be my favourite On-U record this year, that will still be Dub No Frontiers

Its been a while since I bought a few records, so went a bit mad today and bought 6. More posts to come….

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Leaving work early never happened and only just managed to get into town today. It’s currently on. It’s good but on first listen I don’t think it'll be my favourite On-U record this year, that will still be Dub No Frontiers

Its been a while since I bought a few records, so went a bit mad today and bought 6. More posts to come….

My first review: yep its good, glad I’ve got it… not likely to be an obsessive repeat play.

In fact, it might not even be my favourite reggae/dub record that I’ve bought today. So far it's this

image.jpeg

Pachyman - Switched on. Pachyman is Pachy Garcia of Californian post-punk, psyche rock outfit Prettiest Eyes (also good, for Snapped Ankles fans). He's done a number of dub albums, this is the second one of his I have. This is really rather good, there’s Lee Perry influences in there but not as much as last time. some Lovers Rock and other stuff chucked into the mix this time.

Pach

On 23/09/2023 at 17:22, blandy said:

New (instrumental) Courtney Barnett album. Kind of ambient nurdling of the kind I listen to quite a lot, either background or just to empty my (already quite empty) head.

IMG_3254.jpeg

This was my early morning record of choice today, absolutely is as you describe.

• Like 1

Followed by this. Cosmic Neighbourhood - Gatherings. Radiophonic Workshop / Ghost Box / Castles in Space type imaginary psychedelic kids TV themes. Modular synths, understated drum machines, bells, flutes and all that kind of stuff.

IMG_0111.jpeg

spacer.png

Duncan Reid and the Big Heads.

This is their latest (and last) album, and if you order it from their website you can choose another oftheir Lps free!

I must have got lucky because they sent me TWO freebies

spacer.png

A fantastic deal!

spacer.png

Hooveriii

Haven’t played the flexi single but the album is a lovely thing, warm mellow psych rock would probably be about the right pigeon hole.

I listened to just enough of a snippet to know I’d be interested and 6 tracks in it’s a good choice, apparently this is less guitar rock than previous stuff, so on that snippet I might not rush to get the earlier albums, this’ll do fine, this’ll stay close to the turntable for a while. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â