What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Swansea Sound (ex Pooh Sticks) with a fresh new album that could equally be from 1989, the sound is kinda indie power pop and pre dates Brit Pop 

spacer.png

That's interesting, like a harder better produced pooh sticks. I loved the pooh sticks when I was younger so at a more respectable hour might seem more out by these. 

• Like 1

i think the vinyl is something like a 10 year special edition, its nice, album is a 7/10 with a balance of great and bad tracks, the neighbour hasnt aged well, always wanted them to be big but it wasn't to be, great live band, obviously wear their yam yam on their sleeve which i dont know many other bands that do it to such an extent 

Townsend Music Online Record Store - Vinyl, CDs, Cassettes and Merch - The  Twang - Love It When I Feel Like This - Limited Edition Double Orange LP

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Get away with yer, thats clearly the theme tune to The Life and Times of Lloyd George :D 

That was my introduction, my Sis had the BBC 7".

The flip was the theme to the Chess show on BBC2, which I liked much more - 'Come Maddelena'

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Parts of that were recycled from this btw

Didn't know that. Only got a handful of Westerns.

You do hear borrowed motifs the more of this stuff you listen to, that includes the library catalogue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xann said:

You do hear borrowed motifs the more of this stuff you listen to, that includes the library catalogue.

Not sure that's quite borrowed, more a first draft of the melody later developed for another film. I've noticed it a few times with the Maestro

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Not sure that's quite borrowed, more a first draft of the melody later developed for another film. I've noticed it a few times with the Maestro.

It's quite easy to romanticise works for film from our personal perspectives, but the busy composers did churn them out a bit.

Reckon his new ideas music was more Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza and The Feed-Back.

He broke into the English speaking world, and I think that's what put him on a pedestal at home and abroad?

Don't actually think he's clearly the best of that generation of composers, even just in Italy?

• Like 1

Managed to get hold of a REALLY rare cassette, so thought I might as well get something to play it on(and a bunch of others I just acquired).

Tape in pic is not the rare one FYI

spacer.png

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â