What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

23 hours ago, theboyangel said:

New Jonathan Wilson (Eat The Worm) is very laid back psychedelic space cowboy  stuff indeed. 

Very, very disappointed with it. Only halfway decent tracks are Charlie Parker and The Village is Dead. And they wouldn't have made the cut on Fanfare. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Waiting to get to listen to this - any stand out ‘new’ tracks yet? 

CD 3 which is the odds n sods is obviously the interesting one as everything else I already knew. I’m not a completist but this is the peak / end of their really productive time so I’m hoovering everything and anything up.

There’s more than enough decent stuff on there, and quite interesting to follow the development of some songs, that start off with lyrics and end up being intrumental. Or a couple of songs recorded in 2002 that sound all but finished that don’t make the cut for the album and then re appear 3 years later on another album.

Bluebird 1 is a personal fave, but the last 4 or 5 tracks recorded in Rockfield and Monnow Valley are excellent. But then I’ve got a whole drums thing going on at the moment and you can really hear them in the rough mix.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Very, very disappointed with it. Only halfway decent tracks are Charlie Parker and The Village is Dead. And they wouldn't have made the cut on Fanfare. 

Sorry to hear that - I’ve quite enjoyed it on in the background and think it’ll be a grower (apologies for the KW!) 

Fanfare was such a good album though, nothing much of JW’s following stuff has quite reached the same levels. 

• Like 1

Olivia_Rodrigo_-_Guts.png

Guts by Olivia Rodrigo, I have given this a few spins before commenting. Her previous album, was my favourite of the year, and it was instant, I got to the end and restarted it. I still listen to it regularly. This album, Guts, is not weak, far from it, and it will be number 1 on Friday, but its not even close to Sour for me. Lyrically its relatively poor in comparison. Musically it's mainly upbeat but just OK. It's not bad, and I am not describing it as that, Vampire for example is superb, and easily the best song on the album, but I stress, Sour was lyrically brilliant. Guts doesnt have a single lyric that has stuck in my head.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

JOHN (TIMES TWO) - Nocturnal Manoeuvres 

Mentioned in the new music thread their next album is out a week today.

Saw them live a month or so back and they were cracking (support by Big Special who were brilliant too)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

First press in that condition with gatefold sleeve is worth a decent amount (about £45). I have one. Great album

Yeah it’s not bad, I only knew Requiem.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â