What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

16 hours ago, Xann said:

What era is this Polish Psyche / Folk Rock?

I have this as a souvenir of a festival I worked at in winter 1989. Mainly punk / Alt stuff from just before the fall of communism. It is wonderfully dreadful

Primary

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

What era is this Polish Psyche / Folk Rock?

I have this as a souvenir of a festival I worked at in winter 1989. Mainly punk / Alt stuff from just before the fall of communism. It is wonderfully dreadful

67-76, but those are outliers, it's mostly early 70s.

The Polish labels GAD (cool), Dux and Bolt (mental) are still strong on CD.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Remember seeing them at Edwards No.8 just as they released their debut album - great fun band! This album still sounds good.

I have seen them since a few times but I had tickets for a 95 tour and I am a little foggy in this but I swear that they cancelled due to Rivers having his leg lengthened. But they may have been taking the piss with that excuse. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have seen them since a few times but I had tickets for a 95 tour and I am a little foggy in this but I swear that they cancelled due to Rivers having his leg lengthened. But they may have been taking the piss with that excuse. 

That is true as far as I know. 

they also had a mini hiatus to finish their college degrees.

would happily see them play live even now

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

That is true as far as I know. 

they also had a mini hiatus to finish their college degrees.

would happily see them play live even now

The last time I saw them was a out 10 years ago at Leeds festival, maybe 12 years ago and they were excellent. A friend saw them on their last tour over here that wasn't with Green Day/Fall Out Boy and he said they were fantastic. I get the feeling they are consistent. 

• Like 1

Had this a couple of weeks now but it’s really growing on me. I wasn’t so much the fan of the last Album which was a bit hard core punk without the humour… this however is off on a completely different tangent, very much more psyche / experimental electronic heading towards Damaged Bug territory (another of Dwyers band). best album of theirs for a while.

Definitely homage to Momus in one song (Fish needs a Bike)

Osees - Intercepted Message

image.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Waiting to get to listen to this - any stand out ‘new’ tracks yet? 

CD hasn’t gone on yet, just vinyl.

But I’ll be cooking shortly, so I’m counting down to it…

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â