What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Finally the planets have aligned and I have been in a record shop where this was for sale… been a long time looking. Double CD

Aphrodite's Child - 666

A counter cultural interpretation of the Bibles Book of Revelations from 1972. Never heard of the Greek prog band Aphrodite's Child? Well that's Vangelis and Demis Roussos to you and me.

image.png

Terrific album 👌 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm expecting oompah band with added crescendo every three minutes :D 

It's quite a good comp, and cheap :)

60s/70s German film and library stuff IS often really straight with very bright horns. I have very little of it.

Top of the West German pile is 'Vampyros Lesbos' by Hubler & Schwab, then titles like 'Orion 2000' by Peter Thomas are quite good and the chap in the link, Roland Kovac, did some great things. They all have those Germanic horns going on, but they're diluted a little.

Love German music from this time away from screen. It's a bit weird.

Italy is the other way around, but not nearly as pronounced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Love's eponymous debut album. It’s not as good as their masterpiece Forever Changes but a decent album all the same

image.jpeg

Have you got the second one (Da Capo)? One side is a long rambling track that gets boring very quickly. The other side is every bit as good as Forever Changes. 

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Have you got the second one (Da Capo)? One side is a long rambling track that gets boring very quickly. The other side is every bit as good as Forever Changes. 

Side 1 is the reason I've never bought it, If I see it cheap on CD I may change that

• Like 1

The missus moaned about my 70s experimental German electronic music that I had on so I went for something more easy on the ear. One for you possibly @mjmooney Another Bob Stanley / Pete Wiggs compilation

English Weather

Tne cover describes it as… “The autumnal sound of Britain at the turn of the 70s, looking out through wet window panes to a new decade with a mixture of melancholy and optimism for what might come next….”

Includes Caravan, Alan Parker, Van der Grasf Generator, Daevid Allen and a bunch of acts I’ve never heard of but it does seem to suit todays weather very well

image.jpeg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

The missus moaned about my 70s experimental German electronic music that I had on so I went for something more easy on the ear. One for you possibly @mjmooney Another Bob Stanley / Pete Wiggs compilation

English Weather

Tne cover describes it as… “The autumnal sound of Britain at the turn of the 70s, looking out through wet window panes to a new decade with a mixture of melancholy and optimism for what might come next….”

Includes Caravan, Alan Parker, Van der Grasf Generator, Daevid Allen and a bunch of acts I’ve never heard of but it does seem to suit todays weather very well

image.jpeg

I very much like the sound of that. Will investigate. Ta. 

EDIT: Looks promising - I already have some of the tracks, which I like, so I'm fairly confident I'd like at least some of the others. 

Also, I see there's a sequel, called 'Occasional Rain' (more from the same era), plus one on the summer of 1976, which interests me rather less. 

Edited by mjmooney

Another one @mjmooney

Three Day Week

In 1973 Britain was still a nation of outside bogs, tens of thousands were housed in wartime pre-fabs… strikes, inflation and oil shortages laid Britain low. Soundtracking the decline were mavericks armed with fuzzy guitars, a primitive synthesiser, drums made of dustbin lids and a black sense of humour. ….

Includes The Kinks, The Troggs, Lieutenant Pigeon (not Mouldy Old Dough), Cockney Rebel (again not…) The Sutherland Bros Band (yes the original much better version of Sailing) Mungo Jerry (again not…) Hawkwind and even David Essex

image.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Another one @mjmooney

Three Day Week

In 1973 Britain was still a nation of outside bogs, tens of thousands were housed in wartime pre-fabs… strikes, inflation and oil shortages laid Britain low. Soundtracking the decline were mavericks armed with fuzzy guitars, a primitive synthesiser, drums made of dustbin lids and a black sense of humour. ….

Includes The Kinks, The Troggs, Lieutenant Pigeon (not Mouldy Old Dough), Cockney Rebel (again not…) The Sutherland Bros Band (yes the original much better version of Sailing) Mungo Jerry (again not…) Hawkwind and even David Essex

image.jpeg

Much less interesting than the others. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

Waiting for someone to drop this bag of memories, and half arsed dance remixes.

come-together.jpg.5d6946313f49de3b9b5e8f6955bce680.jpg

Without looking it up, I probably have a good 90% of those on vinyl even if they are specific remixes. That sounds pretty much like one of my Indie Night (Thursday) at the State Ballroom sets

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â