What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No and I got in trouble on Discogs for uploading the labels to an already uploaded version as it seemed they’d **** up.

They hadn’t, mine isn’t listed 😞

Haha, Discogs leper :P 

Been there done that myself 

You should have seen the discussion about the latest pressing of the My Bloody Valentine album Loveless and the fact I wanted to distinguish between those sold off the bands website that included one form of artwork and those released into the wild that had different inserts. I wanted to distinguish them by the weight of the shrink wrapped product. That one went of for over a week :D 

• Haha 1

Just listening to Iggy Pop's new album which is absolutely brilliant...

Notable guest musicians include: Chad Smith, Duff McKagen, Stone Gossard, Eric Avery, Taylor Hawkins, Dave Navarro etc...

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

Gone back to music as England giving their wickets away cheaply is pissing me off.

spacer.png

Never been much of a fan of Mick & Co, let's see what this is like.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Classic album. 

It’s ok, probably won’t play it again.

Much prefer Satanic Majesties.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It’s ok, probably won’t play it again.

Much prefer Satanic Majesties.

That's like thinking Godfather III is the best one of the trilogy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's like thinking Godfather III is the best one of the trilogy. 

Opinions are like bumholes, we all have 'em

• Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 22:16, mjmooney said:

Does it have the clear red plastic inner sleeves? 

Just been reading about these red sleeves, apparently they were shit and done away with after early presses.

Of course this version of Colosseum Live is nowhere tobe found on Discogs so have had to add it myself.

31 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just been reading about these red sleeves, apparently they were shit and done away with after early presses.

More valuable, then? 

I never owned the album, but one of my mates did, and it was those inners that I remember about it. 

Were they ever used for any other album, or were they a one-off for Colosseum Live?

Edited by mjmooney

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

More valuable, then? 

I never owned the album, but one of my mates did, and it was those inners that I remember about it. 

Were they ever used for any other album, or were they a one-off for Colosseum Live?

More valuable? Not according to Discogs. Lots of copies damaged by these sleeves. They were only used on the first press.

Here's one comment:

That's one for the "Most Stupid Packages Ever" museum. The glue underneath the foamstripes did attack the housed vinyls and caused kind of bubbled areas on the run-ins. This gives a slushing noise at the beginning and will truly kill your needle. I'd bet that most of the offered items have this.

• Thanks 1

Sticking with live...

spacer.png

Doesn't say on the sleeve where this was recorded but vocalist David Byron mentions being in Birmingham a couple of times at the start of side one.

A quick Google tells me this was recorded at Brum Town Hall,  January 26 1973.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â