What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You know he's bought a Columbian bootleg of a Beach Boys album that he already owns 59 copies of because it was produced on vinyl that attempts to look like a hawaiian shirt 

You spying on me?

I did actually buy a couple of things for the stepdaughter;

Shape Shift With Me! by Against Me! and a signed Lacuna Coil single on purple vinyl.

And the Game of Thrones stuff for the missus.

• Like 1

The crux of all this is that it's highly subjective, and it's down to whatever floats your boat, the actual dig, the item or the music?

Rob's perspective and tastes are different from mine, but I imagine some of the titles he's after will always be around? Like the Dire Straits and the Wilson tunes.

Don't think anyone here is banking on their collection being part of their pension? Also remember I was surprised that vinyl came back, so this isn't written in stone by any means.

I think the vinyl fad will pass, for social reasons and practical reasons. Space is becoming a luxury.

In 10 years time you could be getting way more presses of desirable titles like 'Pacific Ocean Blue' for your money?

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You know he's bought a Columbian bootleg of a Beach Boys album that he already owns 59 copies of... 

Heh, yeah. You get comfortable thinking that, then he posts this...

That's leaving the comfort zone there. New stuff is being bought, respect due :)

Do reckon Rob likes Black Sabbath, Todd Rundgren and the Beach Boys and I think of loads of albums he'd really like.

Then he's happy with Marillion, so I can shut up :D

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

You obviously bought the mad bastard edition :crylaugh: 

I like the double but the 4 disc version was a bit Richie Wardle for me

I did indeed.

Bought it, handed it over, had it back for Christmas.

Double mad bastard.

• Like 1

Anyway… this will definitely be on my list at the end of he year, playing it quite a lot since I bought it the other week.

Afican Head charge - A Trip to Bolgatanga

First album for many a year and it’s quite stunning

Yet another AMS masterpiece 

image.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xann said:

The crux of all this is that it's highly subjective, and it's down to whatever floats your boat, the actual dig, the item or the music?

Rob's perspective and tastes are different from mine, but I imagine some of the titles he's after will always be around? Like the Dire Straits and the Wilson tunes.

Don't think anyone here is banking on their collection being part of their pension? Also remember I was surprised that vinyl came back, so this isn't written in stone by any means.

I think the vinyl fad will pass, for social reasons and practical reasons. Space is becoming a luxury.

In 10 years time you could be getting way more presses of desirable titles like 'Pacific Ocean Blue' for your money?

Heh, yeah. You get comfortable thinking that, then he posts this...

That's leaving the comfort zone there. New stuff is being bought, respect due :)

Do reckon Rob likes Black Sabbath, Todd Rundgren and the Beach Boys and I think of loads of albums he'd really like.

Then he's happy with Marillion, so I can shut up :D

That album above is different I’d say! Wife loved it though.

As for the other comments I’ve got four or five Sabbath lps but loads of Rundgren, including at least half a dozen Utopia discs.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m sure you’ll already know, but just in case, there’s a new Creation Rebel album on its way later in the year.

Indeedly, as long as Probe is still open, my copy is already assured.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I’ve got four or five Sabbath lps but loads of Rundgren, including at least half a dozen Utopia discs.

Not them, other things like those things that are nailed on, and aren't daft money.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Oh well, I can't put this one off any longer. Time to assault the eardrums...

spacer.png

Haha if it’s music you're after, that isn’t it BUT…. Some of those who like drone consider it a masterpiece. It is of course influenced by his former band mate, John Cale's experimental work in the early 60s… and heroin.

Possibly one of the bravest or dumbest records ever released by a major rock star, it absolutely trashed his reputation for years

Also for fans of Star Trek, the race of aliens known as the Breen's language was based on MMM, the people making up the language were told to use it as their reference point.

I'd buy a copy of it just to listen to it once for the experience if it was cheap enough.

It’s not something that’s pleasant to listen to but it is one of the most important records ever made, it’s influence spreads far and wide

17 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

image.thumb.jpeg.827c6979e324166b334defb381be2312.jpeg

That’s not the original cover :D And they still got sued over it by the four Shriners in the cars :crylaugh: 

Its also not a typical DK album Frankenchrist, I love the nods to Morricone's Spaghetti Western soundtracks in the guitar work

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Does it have the clear red plastic inner sleeves? 

No and I got in trouble on Discogs for uploading the labels to an already uploaded version as it seemed they’d **** up.

They hadn’t, mine isn’t listed 😞

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haha if it’s music you're after, that isn’t it BUT…. Some of those who like drone consider it a masterpiece. It is of course influenced by his former band mate, John Cale's experimental work in the early 60s… and heroin.

Possibly one of the bravest or dumbest records ever released by a major rock star, it absolutely trashed his reputation for years

Also for fans of Star Trek, the race of aliens known as the Breen's language was based on MMM, the people making up the language were told to use it as their reference point.

I'd buy a copy of it just to listen to it once for the experience if it was cheap enough.

It’s not something that’s pleasant to listen to but it is one of the most important records ever made, it’s influence spreads far and wide

I just listened to all of it, probably never will again.

The locked groove on side four just adds to the fun 😳

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â