What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Ordered this on vinyl, but it was falsely listed as vinyl and was in fact CD.

So, I got my money back off Paypal and no one has asked for the CD to be returned so I'll give it a listen (not usually my bag TBH)

spacer.png

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Brum vibes on a Sunday morning

Broadcast - Ha Ha Sound

Its the only Broadcast album I own which I really should remedy at some point

image.png

That is a phenomenal album in my opinion. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That is a phenomenal album in my opinion. 

It is, which makes me want more. I have other bits on compilations and stuff but I think I want more

New groovy compilation on the fabulous Two Piers label

Lounge Psychedlique. A double album of… well 60s or 60s inspired jazz, boogaloo, merengue easy listening. Includes Leonard Nimoy, Mel Torme, The Bongolian, Quincy Jones and of course Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass amongst others. It is Sunday afternoon and it’s pissing it down outside so this brightens the mood 

image.png

• Like 1

Well, whatever you lot think of Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms", I've just played my £1 copy and not only is it EX condition, I enjoyed it.

So I'm happy!

"Sladest" on now, also a quid, and in great condition too, must visit our charity shop more than once a month from now on.

• Like 2

I bought a newly reissued copy of one of my long time wants today. I didn’t know it was being rereleased so I was pleasantly surprised.

I've even made special journeys to buy this before only to find the advertised copy was only the original single first album not the double version with this as the bonus disc that was advertised (I've had the original since it was released in 1980)

A band that released one sole seminal studio album (1965-1980) Hugely influential on what followed but they split up shortly after releasing that album. This was released later the same year (1980). Another band that came from that London squat scene that spawned the Clash, The Sex Pistols and more so PIL and all the later post-punk bands that fed into the On-U sound stuff and even spread its tentacles as far as the Bristol post-punk scene.

Also notable for being produced by Martin Hannett who described the original album this was spawned from as the heaviest work he’d ever done. Don Letts was originally in the band but left way before these sessions. As the real creative force of Dennis Morris who had already found artistic recognition as a photographer, replaced him. Morris was closely associated with both Bob Marley and the Sex Pistols as a photographer (at Lydon's suggestion - so he was the Pistols equivalent of Don Letts to the Clash)

The band also contained Richard Dudanski (of the 101ers, later PIL and also The Raincoats and Tymon Dogg) and Leo Williams. Williams later co-founded Big Audio Dynamite with Mick Jones after the demise of The Clash and was known as E-zee Kill.

Definitely an album for fans of PIL's Metal Box, their sonic similarities are unquestionable and can be viewed as companion pieces from the same scene imo.

image.png

I put the Broadcast hole in my collection a little bit right yesterday too

Broadcast - Tender Buttons

If people like Stereolab and they've never checked out the now sadly passed away Trish Keenan's band Broadcast, you really should give them a go. Very similar territory to Stereolab but from Brum but with added folky bits

image.png

On 21/07/2023 at 20:40, rjw63 said:

Got this for t'missus although I like 'em too

spacer.png

That pic doesn't do the vinyl justice...

spacer.png

That just dropped through my door this morning, I'll be giving it a blast later.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2023 at 20:40, rjw63 said:

Got this for t'missus although I like 'em too

spacer.png

That pic doesn't do the vinyl justice...

spacer.png

Is that the dumbest colour variant ever? Here have a record that looks like it needs a clean every time you take it out of the sleeve

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Xann said:

Have you got Millennium's 'Begin' yet?

It's been a couple of years, should ask again :)

No, I must have given up trying to find one in the UK that was reasonably priced.

Just looked again, even a Music On Vinyl reissue is £70+

On 24/07/2023 at 13:38, rjw63 said:

No, I must have given up trying to find one in the UK that was reasonably priced.

Just looked again, even a Music On Vinyl reissue is £70+

Was thinking of bits you might have bought with the Tin Machine money? :)

It was the first title on the list, saw how much it was and hoped you'd got it already?

That's just silly money, pity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Was thinking of bits you might have bought with the Tin Machine money?

You know he's bought a Columbian bootleg of a Beach Boys album that he already owns 59 copies of because it was produced on vinyl that attempts to look like a hawaiian shirt 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â