What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just been to the charity shop located at our local tip, to drop off some unwanted horrendous 12" singles, and came away with these at a quid a piece.

Most of them look in very decent nick too.

NB - one of them is for the wife, honest guv.

spacer.png

I own two of them, and I love them both. Prefab Sprout and Slade obviously.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I own two of them, and I love them both. Prefab Sprout and Slade obviously.

I own the Prefab Sprout and would definitely buy the Slade one. I'd consider buying the Dire Straights one to prevent other people being subjected to it. Grease - meh, Christopher Cross, I suspect I'd hate and I have no idea what the other one is.

• Like 1

My dad was in to Dire Straits back at a time I really didn’t like my dad.

It’s like some ptsd flashback, I see that and I stare blankly at the middle distance mouthing the words ‘Vietnam man, Vietnam’ over and over. 

See also: Queen.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My dad was in to Dire Straits back at a time I really didn’t like my dad.

It’s like some ptsd flashback, I see that and I stare blankly at the middle distance mouthing the words ‘Vietnam man, Vietnam’ over and over. 

See also: Queen.

Lets remove Romeo and Juliet from this. But certainly in the 80s I struggle to think of any band more bland, more geared towards accountants, less punk than Dire Straits. I hated them. I can stomach them now, not shit like Money for nothing, that has the added effluance of Sting on it, but I can listen and not get angry to a lot of their stuff. 

I would never seek it out. Romeo and Juliet aside.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, bickster said:

I own the Prefab Sprout and would definitely buy the Slade one. I'd consider buying the Dire Straights one to prevent other people being subjected to it. Grease - meh, Christopher Cross, I suspect I'd hate and I have no idea what the other one is.

Cheech & Chong's Wedding Album.

No idea what it sounds like either but for a quid I don't care :)

Just now, rjw63 said:

Cheech & Chong's Wedding Album.

No idea what it sounds like either but for a quid I don't care :)

Oh I'd have bought that no questions asked :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Six Blade Knife. Once Upon A Time In The West Live off Alchemy. Telegraph Road and Private Investigations are getting an unwarranted kicking. As with many bands there's a lot of dross for sure, and when it's bad it's bad, but there's a fair bit of magic in there.

Anyway, carry on.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Six Blade Knife. Once Upon A Time In The West Live off Alchemy. Telegraph Road and Private Investigations are getting an unwarranted kicking. As with many bands there's a lot of dross for sure, and when it's bad it's bad, but there's a fair bit of magic in there.

Anyway, carry on.

Nah it's all undeviatingly dreadful :D 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

It's alright bicks my Queen albums already put me on the list years ago :D

Absolutely detest that big 80s FM friendly / MTV friendly compressed “stadium” production sound

For me, that’s the bad 80s

Level 42, there’s another prime example of it. Grrrrr

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Absolutely detest that big 80s FM friendly / MTV friendly compressed “stadium” production sound

For me, that’s the bad 80s

Level 42, there’s another prime example of it. Grrrrr

See common ground again. And yes I did see Level 42 in Hereford Leisure Centre. Awful Venue :D

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Gratuitous single album / gatefold sleeve won’t please everyone, but let’s see what this is about…

spacer.png

Nice, is it a UK press, 1977 original?

Or a EUR repress?

Or American?

I spot a barcode so must be a reissue, Music On Vinyl 2010.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I spot a barcode so must be a reissue, Music On Vinyl 2010.

Yep, random chance the record I’d budgeted for this week is ‘late’ or rather, only now being issued digitally, with the actual record coming some time in August, which pushed it the other side of pay day and they had one lonesome new copy of this in the racks, so no need to go crate digging and flicking thru the usual used record places. 

I’ll have to check my notes but I think this is the first record I’ve bought in 2023 that gets a tick against U.S. artiste.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Rob when someone posts Beach Boys related vinyl

6db_3.jpg

I freely admit it, especially D.Wilson, I could probably piss it on Mastermind on that subject.

Here's a large promo poster of the LP, autographed and given to KMEL Radio in LA back in the day (when they were not a rap/hip hop station).

spacer.png

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â