What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Binned the radio off on the drive to work this morning and put this on because I'm contemplating going to see them play this album tonight.

An absolute classic and another of those 80s bands that didn't get the recognition they deserved and in this case it was because they didn't qualify for the Indie charts as their label were distributed by Virgin and as a consequence the music press ignored them

The Chameleons - Script of the Bridge

NS05NzM1LmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Send it my way if you don’t want it :crylaugh: 

Gonna try and sell it but if it doesn’t go I’ll send it up.

• Thanks 1

Got myself one of those basic plastic tub record cleaning things, and I have to say it’s worked… sufficiently.

Not to perfection but a noticeable improvement on some records that were stubbornly noisy. I mean, don’t get me wrong, the turntable is 55 years old so I’m not chasing perfection.

Anyway, as a result, this is much improved:

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Every home should own it. 

Prompted by my nipper doing an all nighter 6 til 6 bar shift for ‘some bunch of old people like you that play music like you and we kept having to tell them not to throw chalk on the floor and all they drank was water’.

But yeah, what a bloody album.

• Like 1

Currently have this on

MDYtMzA0Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Before that it was this...

MzAtNTQ5NC5qcGVn.jpeg

Love a good WInstnley / Wiggs compilation album

Both cover similar periods (very late 70s / early 80s) the top one focuses on the electronic / synth strand of the alternative scene following on from punk, the later is more an obscurist's experimental angular post-punk dream

Both are excellent

Though the record player is now buzzing its tits off so needs a rest

I bought a BBC Radiophonic Workshop CD box set a while back, not sure I've played all of it, so it't time to remedy that

The box set is called 4 albums (1968 - 1978) though paradoxically contains 6 CDs and 6 albums :D 

Just looked up the prices this set goes for and I definitely didn't pay anywhere near that much for it

I'm specifically playing this one as it was at the bottom and therefore definitely unplayed previously

NjEtMjM4OC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

I bought a BBC Radiophonic Workshop CD box set a while back, not sure I've played all of it, so it't time to remedy that

The box set is called 4 albums (1968 - 1978) though paradoxically contains 6 CDs and 6 albums :D 

Just looked up the prices this set goes for and I definitely didn't pay anywhere near that much for it

I'm specifically playing this one as it was at the bottom and therefore definitely unplayed previously

NjEtMjM4OC5qcGVn.jpeg

Oooooo, I bloody love The Stone Tape (the TV film). It's kinda clunky these days but it's still hugely influential in the horror genre. I'll give the soundtrack a whirl.

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Oooooo, I bloody love The Stone Tape (the TV film). It's kinda clunky these days but it's still hugely influential in the horror genre. I'll give the soundtrack a whirl.

It won't last long, it's only 16 mins :D 

I'm onto this one now, which is much longer at 75min plus

NjEtOTYwNi5qcGVn.jpeg

On 21/06/2023 at 03:52, bickster said:

Binned the radio off on the drive to work this morning and put this on because I'm contemplating going to see them play this album tonight.

An absolute classic and another of those 80s bands that didn't get the recognition they deserved and in this case it was because they didn't qualify for the Indie charts as their label were distributed by Virgin and as a consequence the music press ignored them

The Chameleons - Script of the Bridge

NS05NzM1LmpwZWc.jpeg

They were greatly appreciated here in the US among the cognoscenti. I loved them, as many students did, but I only "discovered" them in 1985. Too bad about that LP cover. What's going on there? They should have moved to LA early on.  Still sound ahead of their time to me.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â