What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

@bickster will be creaming at this one.

In my defence, I've never heard it all the way through so I'm going to see if the hype is real.

Plus it cost me nothing (for the interested it's a mid-90's repress with cardboard "cut-out" insert)

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

@bickster will be creaming at this one.

In my defence, I've never heard it all the way through so I'm going to see if the hype is real.

Plus it cost me nothing (for the interested it's a mid-90's repress with cardboard "cut-out" insert)

spacer.png

Put it in the pile marked ASHTRAY

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Put it in the pile marked ASHTRAY

Must say I've heard lots of stuff that's way more "psychedelic". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s a very good album no doubting that 

I'd not go that far, last track is by far the best thing on it. 

• Like 1

I'd not go that far, last track is by far the best thing on it. 

I really enjoy the album. Not their most accomplished work but deserves its praise. Bit dated mind but it’s of its era .

Edited by Rugeley Villa

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

SPLHCB is a top 3 Beatles album for me. It’s easy to be dismissive but it is in my opinion a phenomenal album. 

That doesn't say much for the other two!

it's OK, not as bad as Bicks makes out but not as good as everyone seems to think.

IMO, of course.

• Like 1

Said this before... I don't think the beatles have a stone cold killer album where every track is brilliant and it's a complete 10/10

Sgt pepper is one of their best but even then there's 3 maybe 4 completely forgettable songs on there, their other albums usually have 5 maybe 6 tracks that I'd consider filler

Not completely knocking them, when you throw the good stuff together, with a lot of non album stuff, my beatles play list is huge and I listen to it at least once a week but I very rarely put an album on

Definitely a band that got more interesting as they consumed more drugs. 

I have no Beatles albums as such, somewhere I have CD 3 of the Beatles anthology stuff.

That doesn't say much for the other two!

it's OK, not as bad as Bicks makes out but not as good as everyone seems to think.

IMO, of course.

Absolutely comes down to opinion. I agree it’s not the zenith of music but after Let it be and Abbey Road for me. Then after Sgt Pepper it’s Rubber Soul and Help. I think my love of it should be discounted like a 5 star review on Amazon as the Beatles remain one of my favourite bands, in the same way you discount one star reviews from Liverpool based Villa supporters. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Absolutely comes down to opinion. I agree it’s not the zenith of music but after Let it be and Abbey Road for me. Then after Sgt Pepper it’s Rubber Soul and Help. I think my love of it should be discounted like a 5 star review on Amazon as the Beatles remain one of my favourite bands, in the same way you discount one star reviews from Liverpool based Villa supporters. 

Bit like Pet Sounds, which inspired this record.

Pet Sounds is great, one of the best, but probably doesn't get in my Beach Boys top 5.

Just my opinion though!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â