What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Crazy on you came on via a Spotify playlist yesterday and as a result Heart's debut is now playing. Aside from their 80s comeback output and barracuda, I dont know anything. This album though seems great so far.

Heart_-_Dreamboat_Annie_(album).png

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Bought yesterday for a pitance. It's promo stock becuae it has a hole through the cover and centre but the only SAHB song I really know is Faith Healer which is awsome is on it so it'll be a decent primer

MTgtMjkxNC5qcGVn.jpeg

Some great stuff on there, I've got a few of their albums. 

It has been a while since I've had this on. I don't know why, it's a great album. It's the soundtrack to a film but you wouldn't really know it. I've never seen the film, though I might try and rectify that

Garage Psychedelic Rock with a hint of Spaghetti Western

The Liminanas - The World We Know

MTctNTQ2Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 2

The Guy Hamper Trio featuring James Taylor - All the Poisons in the Mud

Yet another of Wild Billy Childish's incarnations, this time WBC does Booker T (as you'd imagine with James Taylor in there)

I've always been a sucker for that Stax blues Hammond Organ thing

DG589-10cm-476x476.jpg

• Like 1

New Leftfield album - This is What We Do

They are back after a long hiatus apparently, strange that this seems to ignore the fact they released an album in 2015 (it was rather poorly recieved,)

Sounding good so far, mostly quite downtempo but the modulated phat bass sounds are wonderful

MTctMjE4Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Warrington Runcorn New Town Development Plan - People and Industry. His first album from last year, he's just relesed his third

CD with two bonus tracks not on the vinyl. Limited edition of 200. There are far more vinyl copies of this than CDs

Ambient Electronics, some might call it Synthwave but it's really library music

MTEtNDIyMy5qcGVn.jpeg

On 05/12/2022 at 08:07, bickster said:

Bought yesterday for a pitance. It's promo stock becuae it has a hole through the cover and centre but the only SAHB song I really know is Faith Healer which is awsome is on it so it'll be a decent primer

MTgtMjkxNC5qcGVn.jpeg

They were a great live act apparently. This video definitely supports that:

• Like 1

Panda Bear and Sonic Boom - Reset

I posted this the other week, I played it a few times and liked it but haven't played it much since. Anyway Tim Burgess did his Xmas listening Party on Lamaq's show this evening and played a track from it. That sparked me to stick it on again.

This album really is a good one, Noah Lennox and Pete Kember really do make a good working combo

It's the best Panda Bear album I've heard since Person Pitch way back in time. The Beach Boys is always an obvious comparison with PB but he does sound uncannily like peak Brian Wilson, then add in all the Sonic Boom psych influences, effects and his clean production and I think this album is a bit of an alt-pop masterpiece. Kember and Lennox have worked together a while on each others projects but this is the first time they've shared the credit for the output.

I hope they do more of this. Something has to give in that top ten of the year I posted to make way for this, which had only just been released when I did that list

NzgtODE4Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

On 08/12/2022 at 10:52, Designer1 said:

This has snuck into my list of 2022 favourites. It's a solo project from Isaac Holman (one half of SLAVES).

Really like it.

spacer.png

This album is finally starting to click. Took a fair few listens but it's usually a sign of an album that sticks around. Finding something new to like with every listen. Thanks. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â