What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I like a lot of Jane Weaver's output but her recent Pop stuff leaves me a bit cold, so I was delighted to see she'd released a second Fenella colaboration. Back to her otherworldliness. Lovely

Fenella - The Metallic Index

ODMtNjE0MC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Day off, went to Southport first thing came back with a few bargains

First up, David Sylvian - Alchemy An Index of Possibilities. The former lead singer of Japan went all ambient after the band split up, This is one of those releases, in collaboration with his brother Steve Jansen (also of Japan), Ruyichi Sakamoto (Yellow Magic Orchestra) and Holgar Czukay (Can)

A truly wonderful record to relax to

This is a 2019 180g re-release of the 1985 album. Bought for £15 brand new, sealed, no one is selling these that cheap on DIscogs

MTktMTI2MS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Also picked up a really nice copy of this for a fiver, used to have a copy that got lost in the sands of time. A standard record for the alternative 80s club DJ for that... "Have you got any reggae that isn't Bob Marley" moment

Ny0xNjkzLmpwZWc.jpeg

I don't own this but I discovered it last night after it popped up on my Spotify

Fred Pallen and Le Sacre du Tympan - X

I think I'd describe it as Gallic cinematic psyche-jazz.

I was playing this in the car last night and a customer asked me if I was feeling suicidal, why is it rich people have no cultural sophistication?

It's on my list and I'm exploring the back catalogue

Damn sure I've posted this before. It's almost time for the Albums of the Year thread and this one is an absolute shoe in for my list

Melody's Echo Chamber - Emotional Eternal

She got attention with the first album, the second one was ok , showed development but this third album is absolutely superb, she's nailed it. This album really deserves more attention than it's getting.

NTEtNzI5MC5qcGVn.jpeg

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Damn sure I've posted this before. It's almost time for the Albums of the Year thread and this one is an absolute shoe in for my list

Melody's Echo Chamber - Emotional Eternal

She got attention with the first album, the second one was ok , showed development but this third album is absolutely superb, she's nailed it. This album really deserves more attention than it's getting.

NTEtNzI5MC5qcGVn.jpeg

In a positive way, it reminds me of Jane Weaver's stuff a few years ago. good shout.

• Like 1

Oops, had to go out and about doing a few laptop deliveries to staff today and one of them lived pretty close to a new s/h record shop thats opened up not to far from me. It was meant to be shut but the owner just happened to be in there and let me in. Had a bit of a chat an all that, turns out I missed a gig there on Saturday afternoon that I'd have liked and didn't know about (Grrr) and there's actually a decent selection of records there I may be interested in at some point. I came away with a couple and I'll definitely be paying further visits

This one from 1984, David Sylvian's debut solo album after the Japan split. Again aided by his brother Steve Jansen, Richard Barbieri (Both Japan), Holgar Czukay (Can), Ryuichi Sakamoto (Yellow Magic Orchestra) plus others

It's much closer in sound to Japan but the later ambient works influences are starting to filter in.

This is in such good nick the cover is still in the original shrink wrap and a very good vinyl copy. A steal at £15

MzQyNC5wbmc.jpeg

• Like 2

And the other purchase was this, Linton Kwesi Johnson's debut Album (as Poet and the Roots) on the Virgin Frontline label from 1978. Produced by the great Dennis Bovell

It's not the best copy but I've wanted this for a while

OS02MjAzLmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 13:23, bickster said:

Day off, went to Southport first thing came back with a few bargains

First up, David Sylvian - Alchemy An Index of Possibilities. The former lead singer of Japan went all ambient after the band split up, This is one of those releases, in collaboration with his brother Steve Jansen (also of Japan), Ruyichi Sakamoto (Yellow Magic Orchestra) and Holgar Czukay (Can)

A truly wonderful record to relax to

This is a 2019 180g re-release of the 1985 album. Bought for £15 brand new, sealed, no one is selling these that cheap on DIscogs

I will have to give that a listen. This is a wonderful piece of music

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Risso said:

I will have to give that a listen. This is a wonderful piece of music

It is. DS solo stuff isn't really like that, mind. Some of it is superb and some a bit...meh. Also worth a listen is Rain Tree Crow, who only did one album, but another Sylvian Project and very atmospheric. Also I'd go with the first few tracks of Gone to Earth as just brilliant stuff, and parts of dead bees on a cake, too.

• Like 1

Bought yesterday for a pitance. It's promo stock becuae it has a hole through the cover and centre but the only SAHB song I really know is Faith Healer which is awsome is on it so it'll be a decent primer

MTgtMjkxNC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â