What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

43 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hold on, didn't they only recently release Surf's Up coupled with Sunflower as Feels Flows last year and now its in a different box set? 

Yeah, maybe the new one is totally post Surf's Up, now you come to mention it. I've only skim read the reviews. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Hold on, didn't they only recently release Surf's Up coupled with Sunflower as Feels Flows last year and now its in a different box set?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xxu2k9otgj16yra673

These sets are being released due to some 50 year rights shit I don't know much about. You'll find lots of artists doing the same. 

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

These sets are being released due to some 50 year rights shit I don't know much about. You'll find lots of artists doing the same. 

Yep, it's a 'beat the bootleggers' thing. Sony do it with Dylan's stuff. If they don't release the stuff officially within 50 years, it becomes public domain, and anybody can have it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had this a month or so now. Second album by Dry Cleaning - Stumpwork. It's just nowhere near as appealing as the first album. It's ok but it really does feel like rejected tracks from the first album. Same formula just not as engaging apart from maybe Gary Ashby

NTQtNjU1NC5qcGVn.jpeg

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I had 3 in a row from Wings this morning. Back to the egg, London Town and Wings at the speed of sound. All very good. London Town a favourite. 

Get well soon 😜

Er, I mean I've been listening to the album "Get well soon", by Sarabeth Tucek....Yes, that's what I meant.

• Haha 2

First of two decent finds today

Visage Pale - Holistic Love. French Swiss / Swedish Electronica / Pop. 10" album on translucent orange vinyl released in 2019 by Castles in Space. Ltd Edition of 300. There are no other physical versions of this record, it's only available digitally on Bandcamp

The voice could easily be mistaken for Jonsi at times

£14, it usually sells for £18-£20 and this copy is pristine

EDIT: extra bonus, the download code still worked

NzMtODg0Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

Next decent find of the day

Soundtrack to the film Revolution from 1968 featruring The Quicksilver Messenger Service, The Steve Miller Band and Mother Earth

I was a bit fearful as it was £8 and marked as "priced according to condition" and for a 54 year old album the cover didn't look that bad, certainly no worse than VG, so far the vinyl is VG+ It should be much more in the £12-£13 range

Ni02Mjk0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Moonbuilding Vol 2 - Levitation (Portable Edition)

Castles in Space (and other stuff Colin likes) Sampler - Levitation is a mini festival he curated in Whitby last weekend.

Some good stuff on here from Warrington Runcorn New Town Development Plan, Field Lines Cartographer, Dohnavur, Polypores and more

OTQtMzc4My5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Right so it's another On-U Sound album BUT, it's not reggae, it's not dub, it's not industrial, this is firmly in the singer / songwriter stripped back production camp

Long time On-U collaborator Jeb Loy Nichols' second solo album - The United States of the Broken Hearted

Jeb has a lovely soft voice

Keyboards on this are played by Martin Duffy (Felt / Primal Scream) Backing vocals by Ghetto Priest. Others from Zion Train, Celloman also feature and percussion by the legendary Jamaican reggae drummer Horseman. Lots of reggae musicians on a completely non-reggae album

Apparently I'm one of those people that post music that only 5% of the population have heard of, well the other 95% of you should give this tremendous album a go. Only bought today but this will be in my end of year list

MDEtMjc0OC5qcGVn.jpeg

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â