What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was expecting this so googled that shit. Album 88. Both in the same festive 50. I think. 

Fact checked. I am wrong. 

The vastly inferior album version was 88, the single 89

• Like 1

I've been watching the excellent series 1971: The Year that Music Changed Everything and was watching the GSH / Aretha Franklin / Black Panthers episode so this went on when I got up

I think I need a more comprehensive Best of

Mi0zNjg1LmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've been watching the excellent series 1971: The Year that Music Changed Everything and was watching the GSH / Aretha Franklin / Black Panthers episode so this went on when I got up

I think I need a more comprehensive Best of

Mi0zNjg1LmpwZWc.jpeg

I have to say that album cover invokes thoughts of a misguided 1985 foray into lightweight soul and rnb. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have to say that album cover invokes thoughts of a misguided 1985 foray into lightweight soul and rnb. 

Yep, it totally misleading. It loks like a Luther Van DROSS album. It's also a bit lacking with only 9 tracks

• Like 1

“En finir” was settling scores with stylistic choices, sometimes too familiar. Here, the sound kinetics do not manifest through masses or agglomerates, but through individual sounds with their own internal movement: superimposed trajectories, cycles of evolving tones. Whether these cycles or repetitions are of a cosmic, organic or biological nature, does not prevent them from also being musical and centered around vital rhythms."  [Bernard Parmegiani]

Pour en finir avec le pouvoir d'Orphée

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I need a bigger "B" section ;)

spacer.png

Nice Japanese edition there...

Not a bad album to be honest, musically rather different in sound, textures, electronics etc.

I've always quite liked it although it does divide opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Nice Japanese edition there...

Not a bad album to be honest, musically rather different in sound, textures, electronics etc.

I've always quite liked it although it does divide opinion.

It certainly does. 

I've loved it since I first bought a copy in 1978, seems a lot of people are agreeing with me over forty years later 😁

• Like 1

Nice copy albeit without the EP, seller must not have known it's the scarce New Zealend version, probably why I got it for £4.20.

Must extend the "B" section...

spacer.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What? Where is this? 

Apple TV unfortuantely

It is really good though. I didn't learn a lot but it connected some dots I hadn't

I really hope they do a follow up series.... 1979 the year that music changed everything for the better ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 07/11/2022 at 22:37, bickster said:

A major influence on Joy Division, REM, The Pixies. The Bunnymen and even the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Sadly The Edge also thought he was imitating Television, how, when the whole point of the guitars are that they aren't compressed with effects. I have no idea but that isn't anyones fault but his own

Ny01MTMzLmpwZWc.jpeg

With the exception of (very early) REM, I'm at best indifferent to those bands, but I love Marquee Moon. 

As with James Brown, Gil Scott Heron, Led Zeppelin, The Sex Pistols and many others, the followers added nothing to the originators for me. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Have you got the new box set (Surf's Up/Carl & the Ps/Holland sessions)? 

Hold on, didn't they only recently release Surf's Up coupled with Sunflower as Feels Flows last year and now its in a different box set?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xxu2k9otgj16yra673

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â