What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

And the final album from Invada today. Another soundtrack, this time to La Panthere des Neiges. A French documentary about snow leopards by Marie Amiguet and Vincent Munier. The soundtrack is written by Warren Ellis and Nick Cave

For some reason I ordered the bog standard version but ended up with the picture disc version, which was more expensive. I'm not really a pic disc fan but I also can't be arsed with the complaining and sending it back

This really does contain some fantastic instrumental pieces (and a theme song featuring Cave). I've not seen the film but I'd really like to.

NzAtNjgxOS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

From the Lion's Mouth - The Sound

Probably the 80s most underappreiated Post-Punk / Early Indie band

Adrian Borland 's band should have been spoken of with the same reverence as the Bunnymen and The Cure. That they weren't was something of a tragedy and ultimately played a part in Borland commiting suicide years later.

This their second album produced by the band and Hugh Jones at Rockfield is a fantastic piece of work

Even now, you never hear this on the radio, you really should

NC05NzIwLmpwZWc.jpeg

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Assuming you have a vinyl version like me?

Nope , but I want it. Me and my work mate were on about the film and some of the music on the album the other day hence me listening to the album yesterday . 

Oh I've posted it before, more than once but sometimes, you just got to

I think Marc RIley describes this as the best debut LP ever, it's hard to disagree

The competing dual guitars of Tom Verlaine and RIchard Lloyd are a blueprint for so much that followed in their wake. Often described as Punk Rock record, is it shite It's the cornerstone of post-punk and it was released months before Never Mind the Bollocks. It's influenced so much since it was released, that what is known as Alternative Music probably would exist without it. A major influence on Joy Division, REM, The Pixies. The Bunnymen and even the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Sadly The Edge also thought he was imitating Television, how, when the whole point of the guitars are that they aren't compressed with effects. I have no idea but that isn't anyones fault but his own

A record I cannot live without

Television - Marguee Moon from 1977

Ny01MTMzLmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haha, I actually have that. I think I've played it once and have no desire to repeat :D (I never bought it)

Yeah, I haven't got anything else by ELP, and I was buying an album for someone off Discogs for Christmas.

Extra Lps were no added post so I got this for £4. Its ok, not struck on Emerson's classical bit on side one though.

16 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah, I haven't got anything else by ELP, and I was buying an album for someone off Discogs for Christmas.

Extra Lps were no added post so I got this for £4. Its ok, not struck on Emerson's classical bit on side one though.

Fanfare for the Common Man, for a laugh and the rest is bobbins :D 

A 1988 4AD release, the eponymously titled Ultra Vivid Scene. Never been released on vinyl since the first wave of releases

They first came to my attention via the much missed Snub TV with their single The Mercy Seat, which was a brilliant wall of feedbacked guitars in the same vein as early Jesus and Mary Chain. I bought this already released album on the back of that single and I remember being a tad disappointed as it was nothing like the single

Not sure I've ever played it much between then and now. If the single was Black Angel's Death Song, this album is very much Sunday Morning

Listening to it now, even to this day I can't help feeling a little cheated but it's a better album than I remember too

LTQ3NTEuanBlZw.jpeg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

A 1988 4AD release, the eponymously titled Ultra Vivid Scene. Never been released on vinyl since the first wave of releases

They first came to my attention via the much missed Snub TV with their single The Mercy Seat, which was a brilliant wall of feedbacked guitars in the same vein as early Jesus and Mary Chain. I bought this already released album on the back of that single and I remember being a tad disappointed as it was nothing like the single

Not sure I've ever played it much between then and now. If the single was Black Angel's Death Song, this album is very much Sunday Morning

Listening to it now, even to this day I can't help feeling a little cheated but it's a better album than I remember too

LTQ3NTEuanBlZw.jpeg

In our youth my wife would have dumped me in a heartbeat for this guy. We have more UVS than most but my favourite track by them is Special One from the follow up to the S/T

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In our youth my wife would have dumped me in a heartbeat for this guy. We have more UVS than most but my favourite track by them is Special One from the follow up to the S/T

I don't think I ever followed their progress much after the first album. Playing it just then, I still felt a palpable degree of disappointment

Just now, bickster said:

I don't think I ever followed their progress much after the first album. Playing it just then, I still felt a palpable degree of disappointment

Yes, I would agree with their quality. I think there were 2 mercy seats released in the same year and I return to the other one, not so much UVS. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

Yes, I would agree with their quality. I think there were 2 mercy seats released in the same year and I return to the other one, not so much UVS. 

Both brilliant, though the good UVS one wasn't released until 1989. But yes I return to the Nick Cave one much more often

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Both brilliant, though the good UVS one wasn't released until 1989. But yes I return to the Nick Cave one much more often

I was expecting this so googled that shit. Album 88. Both in the same festive 50. I think. 

Fact checked. I am wrong. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â