What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

See the source image

arctic monkeys the car

more of the same after the last album so a lot of people including their fans won't like it, I think it's better than the last album but it's still not a barnstormer, its deep and heavy littered with good bits but in isolation rather than flowing all the way through, it's still a development of their sound but again taking it in a more mature direction that for me isn't as good as where they've come from, AM is a masterpiece and they're still on the comedown, will take a lot of listens to appreciate it but its good enough to deserve the time, I'd say it's a 7/10 on first listen

there's some proper bond theme tune stuff in there

at least they've added that's where you're wrong to their setlist, love that song its one of my favourites by them, same as the last album im expecting this to play really well live, body paint for example the guitar hits harder

Better than their last album is the best complement I can give it.

If they were a new band and created 2 albums of this dross they would never get signed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Prefer not to listen to a streaming version of something I have ordered.

I'm awaiting at least 2 possibly 3 from Castles in Space. if they don't arrive by tomorrow, an email is going to be sent

Warrington Runcorn New Town Development Plan and British Stereo Collective

I'm normally the same with the streaming thing, I like to have that excitement of opening the package, putting the record on and listening to it for the first time but I've been waiting that long I've caved in and listened to both of them.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2022 at 09:01, villa4europe said:

See the source image

arctic monkeys the car

more of the same after the last album so a lot of people including their fans won't like it, I think it's better than the last album but it's still not a barnstormer, its deep and heavy littered with good bits but in isolation rather than flowing all the way through, it's still a development of their sound but again taking it in a more mature direction that for me isn't as good as where they've come from, AM is a masterpiece and they're still on the comedown, will take a lot of listens to appreciate it but its good enough to deserve the time, I'd say it's a 7/10 on first listen

there's some proper bond theme tune stuff in there

at least they've added that's where you're wrong to their setlist, love that song its one of my favourites by them, same as the last album im expecting this to play really well live, body paint for example the guitar hits harder

I hate what Arctic Monkeys have become :( 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I hate what Arctic Monkeys have become :( 

i dont mind it, i just dont love it and its not what i think they can be, they are actually great musicians 

they're also getting better live with a really good stage set up but his posturing is getting worse, saw them at royal albert hall a few years back and this all would fit that setting perfectly, not a clue how it'll get on in stadiums next year

the end of that is miles better than the album

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont mind it, i just dont love it and its not what i think they can be, they are actually great musicians 

they're also getting better live with a really good stage set up but his posturing is getting worse, saw them at royal albert hall a few years back and this all would fit that setting perfectly, not a clue how it'll get on in stadiums next year

the end of that is miles better than the album

I saw them a couple of times after their last album and it just wasn't the same for me. I know all good bands evolve and move away from their original sound but the new AM sound is just something I can't get into. I think other than the music, it's the lyrics that get on my tits. I used to be able to really relate to their lyrics but now I have no idea wtf they're going on about.  I just listen to their new stuff now with a bit of sadness tbh. 

yeah that's the worst bit, the lyrics from the first album when i was in my early 20s to AM where I've matured slightly but still out drinking and stuff it was always really relatable and clever stuff but now its all metaphorical and concepty which is really just a polite way of saying gibberish

he needs to get married, have 2 kids and then write another album

still think i'll see them at least once next summer, gutted they're playing Coventry and not VP

On 23/10/2022 at 14:16, bickster said:

Nu album by Goat - Oh Death

It's Goat and on first listen, it sounds just like Goat

MDUtNjAzNS5qcGVn.jpeg

Will have to have a listen. I've actually been listening to them again recently. I loved World Music but I sort of forgot about them and missed a lot of their subsequent stuff.

20 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Will have to have a listen. I've actually been listening to them again recently. I loved World Music but I sort of forgot about them and missed a lot of their subsequent stuff.

The next album after World Music was good (Commune), then came Requiem, which for some reason I didn't get on with, I didn't hate it but it wasn't a must buy for me. This is the next album proper after a gap of six years or so and to my ears is back to being similar to the first two

• Like 1

Listening to the greatest metal album of all time (in my mostly humble opinion).

Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory & Injury

Experimental post black metal or something along those lines. Imo nothing touches this absolute classic. These Irish lads struck absolute gold here.

Teethed Glory & Injury | ALTAR OF PLAGUES | Profound Lore Records

sample:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â