What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 hour ago, bickster said:

So in a moment of madnees last month I joined the Castles In Space label's subscription service for £15 a month

A Label of electronic artists producing library music, modern kosmiche, imaginary film music etc

And the first package they've sent me I finally got hold of today,  including the introductory bonuses there's 4 albums (one a double) and a 7" single. I've only paid them two months so far, not bad for £30

Everything is superbly packaged, coloured vinyl and comes in protective sleeves of one description or other. Usually they also contain a booklet with pictures to give you a greater sense of the concept. I'm really quite impressed by the whole concept

First one I'm listening to is by Everyday Dust - Deadham Ridge (Original Soundtrack)

"A scientific team is exploring the vast network of tunnels in the ice caves of Deadham Ridge, British Columbia, but their survey takes an unexpected turn with the discovery of strange and eerily large insect eggs in the icy chambers. A laboratory is set up but the examination is soon cut short. A colossal landslide has trapped the expedition deep in the labyrinth of caves. It's bad timing - the inhabitants of the eggs are beginning to wake from their icy slumber..."

NTgtOTk3NC5qcGVn.jpeg

I signed up for a vinyl subscription. Then cancelled. Griff who I mentioned was excellent of not short. The other album was Ed Sheeran. I had told them what I liked and from that they decided Ed Sheeran was what I needed. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I signed up for a vinyl subscription. Then cancelled. Griff who I mentioned was excellent of not short. The other album was Ed Sheeran. I had told them what I liked and from that they decided Ed Sheeran was what I needed. 

Yeah this isn’t one of those. It’s all a very specific narrow group of genres and the vinyl isn’t available elsewhere. You also get access to the whole library to stream or download. I had a good listen to it all on Bandcamp before I signed up. One bloke called Colin runs the whole label from his house. It’s very much an enthusiast thing, not at all corporate

• Like 1

Another one from yesterdays bundle, a brand new release by Kosmonaut - Transgressive Transmissions

This one is fantastic. German style Kosmische electronica, sort of Tangerine Dream meets Delia Derbyshire

a1392828597_16.jpg

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Ty Segall - Hello, Hi

Mainly acoustic as written/recorded on his own during lock down sessions but still some great tracks on there. 

That should be behind a shop counter with my name on it. I heard one track last night on my Spoty, that was pretty good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

That should be behind a shop counter with my name on it. I heard one track last night on my Spoty, that was pretty good.

the title track is typical Ty Segall and amongst his best tracks.

Distraction and Don't Lie are also decent

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

the title track is typical Ty Segall and amongst his best tracks.

Distraction and Don't Lie are also decent

I think it was Distraction I heard last night

• Like 1

Not played any albums for over a month or so, but plenty been bought including this US import. For 6 quid I reckon I got a decent deal. Not heard this album before, but if it’s anything like their other stuff I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. Happy Saturday folks .

9DB828D6-F1B4-47FE-AFFC-11A5A3750DDC.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

B4DB3E8B-E391-480A-9C3D-927129BDA820.jpeg

Another US import by looks of it looking at the sleeve and inner. Again won at starting bid of £6. 

Getting lucky ain't ya!

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Getting lucky ain't ya!

I get plenty of good deals on eBay. This certain seller who I’ve been buying off on eBay for whatever reason he doesn’t seem to have many people bidding on his items for sale. Not sure why as he’s got a good rating . He starts most stuff off at 6 quid . There’s another who starts a lot of stuff off at a couple of quid and I’ve bagged a few of them for a few quid each. Obviously they will have certain stuff starting off at 30 quid, but the normal stuff they start off cheap. I’m getting some very good albums which are first press or imports for just a few quid. Condition varies from excellent to a bit worn , but I don’t buy anything that’s too tatty.  EBay is where it’s at for me personally . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I get plenty of good deals on eBay. This certain seller who I’ve been buying off on eBay for whatever reason he doesn’t seem to have many people bidding on his items for sale. Not sure why as he’s got a good rating . He starts most stuff off at 6 quid . There’s another who starts a lot of stuff off at a couple of quid and I’ve bagged a few of them for a few quid each. Obviously they will have certain stuff starting off at 30 quid, but the normal stuff they start off cheap. I’m getting some very good albums which are first press or imports for just a few quid. Condition varies from excellent to a bit worn , but I don’t buy anything that’s too tatty.  EBay is where it’s at for me personally . 

Ebay can be great, I just listed a couple of ornaments my Mom gave me, netted me nearly £130 :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You’ve certainly put done me there Bicks. 30p not bad at all . Brums biggest and finest

To be honest it's not in that good condition but still playable

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

For 30p you can’t argue . 

I did better than that for 30p though

Depeche Mode Blasphemous Rumours 12" - The version with No Barcode, No Pressing Plant in the runouts and yellow and white text on the labels. Seems to be the second most sought after version, worth more like £8

• Like 2

Only recently discovered this, sadly not available on vinyl:

spacer.png

Some awesome stuff on it, really must try and see Cope live.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â