What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Up in that Bradford during the week so an opportunity to kill an hour of the evening in Bradford Record Cafe.

A chance to browse the sale rack and have a coffee and a bite to eat. I think if I lived closer, this place would become a problem.

spacer.png

Goat. Head Soup.

• Like 2

Tom Waits - Mule Variations
71cjmqq8c2L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Always liked the odd Tom Waits song here and there but struggled to get into his albums for whatever reason. However, started listening to this album and it's incredible. I suspect it's probably his most "Accessible" album but that's fine by me cos I love it. It's excellent. 

• Like 1

its just started raining so appropriately I'm listening to this oddly packaged cash in on the Nuggets album.

Come to the Sunshine: Soft Pop Nuggets from the WEA Vaults

Hippy shit

ODMtNzE0NS5qcGVn.jpeg

10 hours ago, bickster said:

its just started raining so appropriately I'm listening to this oddly packaged cash in on the Nuggets album.

Come to the Sunshine: Soft Pop Nuggets from the WEA Vaults

Hippy shit

ODMtNzE0NS5qcGVn.jpeg

I have this one (and also a Volume 2): 

61T70gBxPUL._AC_SX450_.jpg

5023224042620-1.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.3cbf8ab1a198604307b28b179979e8b4.jpeg

Opus Kink - ‘Til The Stream Runs Dry EP

very good debut EP from a Brighton based band, similar to ‘early to mid’ Nick Cave and Bambara.

Well worth a listen! (Check out one of their early singles Wild Bill too if you like them) 

and

B9E1464A-98A1-4322-87FE-0BE948E20A71.jpeg

The New Righteous Mood - TNRM Perform Wasp Stings EP

Saw this Birmingham band support Courting last year and have followed them since. 

A cracking little EP but still not taken with the band name 😂

Also listening to the new Foals and TV Priest albums.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really wanted a couple of the tracks that had only previously been on the DVD and bootlegs. Happiness Is A Warm Pun, just bloody brilliant played loud.

It has a closed loop track, as does most SFA vinyl… except this one isn’t the last track! Track 3 of 4 is closed you have to lift n shift to play the last one.

Last album of theirs I bought, last track played backwards so you had to lift the needle to the end of the record and then it would start playing outward.

Great bunch of lads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Dream Syndicate's latest - Ultra Violet Battle Hymns and True Confessions

Completely unfashionable band who were one of the Paisley Underground scene that also spawned The Bangles, The Three O'clock, Gren on Red, The Long Ryders...

MDktMzY1OS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â