What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

That's that two piece with the Zac De La Rocha wannabee on vox isn't it?

Saw them supporting Offspring.

I posted this when I bought it  afew weeks ago but today it's the wake up album of choice because I just found out that I ws given an aknowledgement in a new book about reggae. The author Stu Borthwick (an old friend) said that at one point when he was writing the book he realised that he hadn't written about On-U Sound, this was a serious ommission and I was a big reason he shifted his focus to include them. Well that's a nice thing to wake up to even if it means I'll have to buy the book now.

Anyway On-U Sounds latest

Horace Andy - Midnight Rocker. The cover of Massive Attack's Safe From Harm still stands out

OTItMzI0MC5qcGVn.jpeg

This is the book

71aIeSjAtwL-416x624.jpg

• Like 3

Beatriz Ferreyra has become one of my favorites, she's in her eighties but her recent music sounds more interesting and innovative than most modern day electronic music from much younger composers, was hoping that INA GRM would release a boxset like they've done with Parmegiani, Bayle and Luc Ferrari. Natasha Barrett's 'Leap Seconds' was one of my favorite albums from last year.

Sheeit, well this one has shocked me when I looked it up

Poltergeist - Your Mind Is A Box (Let Us Fill It With Wonder) from 2013

Poltergeist were Will Sergeant & Les Pattinson (Bunnymen and former Bunnyman) having a little fun instrumental project but they are no more as shortly after this was recorded Les emigrated to Australia. I did see Will perform this live once with Les' Bass and the drums on tape. It is clearly Les' distinctive bass playing (and obviously Will's guitar). It's a Bunnymen album without vocals (and the ego)

Only ever 200 copies released and now fetching silly money on DIscogs. The prices are steadily approaching the £100 mark and there are none currently for sale.

MS0zMzAxLmpwZWc.jpeg

Ah the missus asked me to pick her up from the Lime St Station after work, she was going to be on a train that got in at 17:20, then realised that she'd have to get an earlier one as she had an off-peak return, so we arranged to kill two birds with one stone and meet in M&S to do some food shopping which we had to do anyway... excuse to go to town... does she realise what she's done...?

Oh well, first of the purchases on is this...

Ghost Power - Ghost Power. A speculative purchase based on the fact it's a Tim Gane (from that there Stereolab) project. An electronic collaboration with someone called Jeremy Novak of whom I'm unfamiliar. All intrumentals and very filmic. It's obviously steeped in 70's German electronic music but nothing like the Motorik driven Cavern of Anti-Matter. Even on first hearing I'm really liking this, lots of stereo separation with stereo sweeps from one speaker to the other and often the complete absence of any beat. Very trippy!

MjQtNjEyOS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â