What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Durutti Column - Idiot Savant. RSD 2020 White Vinyl. The only time it's been released on vinyl

For those that don't know, Vini Reilly has a rather unique  and instantly recognisable guitar sound. This album includes a track titled Interleukin 2 - For Anthony. Reilly wrote this as a piece of music for Tony Wilson (Factory Boss and former manager) to relax to whilst undergoing cancer treatment. Wilson himself chose the name after the drug he was taking.

NDAtOTM5MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Album plus 12” extended drum break mix of Amen, Brother.

The album itself is strong enough without it, but its nice to have the 45 if ever I’m called in to emergency DJ a discerning mod reunion in a church hall.

spacer.png

On 11/03/2022 at 15:47, chrisp65 said:

Album plus 12” extended drum break mix of Amen, Brother.

The album itself is strong enough without it, but its nice to have the 45 if ever I’m called in to emergency DJ a discerning mod reunion in a church hall.

spacer.png

I was having a music conversation with a customer when Amen Brother came on the radio.

I asked my customer if he recognised anything from the song? I exlained it to him and finished just before the Radio person told the whole world the same story.

My customer was so suitably impressed by my knowledge he thought a tip was beneath me and I deserved as much verbal praise as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

My customer was so suitably impressed by my knowledge he thought a tip was beneath me and I deserved as much verbal praise as possible.

Apologies for going off topic here, but that just reminded me of my favourite bit of Wilkie Collins' novel "The Moonstone". An irritating godbotherer of a woman says she just got dropped off by a cabbie (Victorian era, so horse-drawn), and decided to reward him with a religious pamphlet, rather than a tip. She couldn't understand why he seemed so ungrateful, and gave her a mouthful of abuse. 

• Like 1

On 08/03/2022 at 19:22, Xann said:

R-812927-1542420612-4084.jpg.f2ab046ea95fcee4a43298c4583acc89.jpg

Steve Reich - 'Music For 18 Musicians'

Your post made me go and find my copy. Which I struggled to do, before finding it exactly where it was supposed to be. It’s just that the CD appears to be Japanese, including the spine label and leaflet. Weird.  I’d never noticed before.

• Like 1

It's the same recording as mine on Nonesuch.

Yours was manufactured by Warners Japan.

I quite like Japanese issues.

They sort of assume the Japanese market is listening on better kit and therefore maybe take a little more care with mastering? Though that holds true for classical recordings in the West too. Which is why the vast majority of SACD releases are classical.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2022 at 05:45, mjmooney said:

One of my old university lecturers had a copy of that - I can remember sneering at what I thought were his attempted (1973) hipster credentials. 

Given that I don't like religious music, choral music or African music, I've never heard it. 

On 20/02/2022 at 05:35, Xann said:

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiODY1MDY5NS4xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InRvRm9ybWF0IjoianBlZyJ9LCJ0aW1lc3RhbXAiOjE1NjM0NTU3OTl9.jpg.be30e9d553d0d4d96888ad463f337626.jpg

Les Troubadours Du Roi Baudouin - 'Missa Luba'

I actually saw a live performance of Missa Luba in Seattle nearly 40 years ago.   A friend's roommate was in the choir performing it.   I was a poor graduate student and the show was cheap.  Also, I kind of fancied his roommate. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â