What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The 1 CD version is on Spotify. Not my favourite Dylan sessions at all. 

Unsure why all the tracks aren't on there and Careless Love in particular is completely removed from UK YouTube. I had these sessions on a unofficial bootleg CD and it's one of my favourites. Love the tracks with Dylan, even Nashville Skyline is one of my all time favourites. I have about 14 or 15 Dylan albums but can't really get into them. 

51 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

the best greatest hits in existence. Fautless, no flab

I suspect that fans of The Eagles, Abba, Bob Marley and Qu**n are about to hunt you down and give you a stern talking to :D (for most of them it'll be the only album they own by the artist)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I suspect that fans of The Eagles, Abba, Bob Marley and Qu**n are about to hunt you down and give you a stern talking to :D (for most of them it'll be the only album they own by the artist)

I just checked: 

Eagles - Most of the actual albums, no Greatest Hits. 

Abba - Yep, Abba Gold. But it's not actually mine. 

Marley - Just the 1975 Live at the Lyceum. No Greatest Hits. 

Queen - Got the first four albums. No Greatest Hits. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I just checked: 

I don't even need to check

Eagles - none

Abba - I have some 7" singles

Marley - I actually do have Legend and a few other albums and comps. The only one I genuinely really like is an early years compilation of all the work they did with Lee Perry

Qu**n - as f***ing if

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

I don't even need to check

Eagles - none

Abba - I have some 7" singles

Marley - I actually do have Legend and a few other albums and comps. The only one I genuinely really like is an early years compilation of all the work they did with Lee Perry

Qu**n - as f***ing if

TBH, for the amount of times I play them, I could (should, actually) get rid of the Abba, Marley and Queen albums. I don't play The Eagles much, either, but I have more of a sentimental attachment to them. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I just checked: 

All Abba albums, no greatest hits. Eagles, 2 albums plus a greatest hits. Marley, nothing at all. Queen, I have a greatest hits and Jazz. 

I am not averse to greatest hits, they serve a purpose. I would hate to look up the amount of Johnny Cash greatest hits I have just because there is a new track on it. On the whole for bands I love I avoid hits packages as I will buy albums. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

On the whole for bands I love I avoid hits packages as I will buy albums. 

This. Although some artists (particularly from Back In The Day) did release lots of singles separately from the albums, so the hits compilations are a must - Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks, Motown artists, many of the punk bands, etc. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Arguable, but track for track, the best greatest hits in existence. Fautless, no flab. 

Standing_cov.jpg.df9cf694d406b41f322e9f11b89224a2.jpg

The version of A Forest on that is neither the single nor the album version so instead of standing on the beach it can get in the sea :D

• Haha 1

Eagles: two albums no GH

Abba: two early albums no GH

Marley: nothing of his, just where he’s on Scratch records

Queen: get in the **** sea

Cure: and when you’ve got in the sea, get in a bit further until the water is just above your nose and stand there

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Eagles: two albums no GH

Abba: two early albums no GH

Marley: nothing of his, just where he’s on Scratch records

Queen: get in the **** sea

Cure: and when you’ve got in the sea, get in a bit further until the water is just above your nose and stand there

I bet you have **** tons of U2. Everything from Achtung Baby onwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've got a U2 - Rattle and Hum. It's the one that U2 fans don't rate, apparently. 

I even once had The Cure's 'Three Imaginary Boys' on LP. It was the beginning of the nightmare era when I was trying to convince myself that contemporary music was still OK. Once I realised it was shite I felt much better. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â