What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I was persuaded to watch a film on that Netflix. We started watching that Power Of The Dog. 

Spoiler:

Hide contents

Absolutely.

Nothing.

Happened.

I gave up after 50 minutes, possibly the dullest thing I’ve ever tried to watch.

I liked it. There's a bit of a twist at the end. 

Unsure what the feeling is towards the Pet Shop Boys on here but tonight before I am back to work at 6, is a play of my favourite of their albums, the remix compilation, Disco. No longer than 6 or 7 tracks but I love them all. I am by no means a PSB completist but what I do have, I like a lot. 

IMG_09022022_170744_(500_x_500_pixel).jpg.a9f53d4496e35e1e4f4d49904d049d8c.jpg

fwiw, what I’ve heard of them by accident has sounded like perfectly ok pop music.

Not much of an opinion here, they’ve just passed me by.

The silent one that still thinks he’s 15 strikes me as a schtick well past its sell by.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Unsure what the feeling is towards the Pet Shop Boys

Shit Disco New Order :D

I don't actually find them offensive but they are just a pop band, so not really my thing. See if we're talking synth driven pop music, I much prefer Depeche Mode or even Soft Cell as I think both have that darker element that appeals to me, I also much prefer the Human League and Heaven 17

But give me the PSB over a whole host of other pop acts. I doubt I'd ever buy their product though

• Like 2

Another of my favourite compilations of recent times

The Time and Space Machine (AKA Richard Norris) presents The Way Out Sound From In

Essentially a compilation of Time and Space Machine remixes of other artists including Warpaint, Temples, Jagwar Ma and The Lucid Dream

Double album, 2 tracks a side

ZWc.jpeg

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Shit Disco New Order :D

I don't actually find them offensive but they are just a pop band, so not really my thing. See if we're talking synth driven pop music, I much prefer Depeche Mode or even Soft Cell as I think both have that darker element that appeals to me, I also much prefer the Human League and Heaven 17

But give me the PSB over a whole host of other pop acts. I doubt I'd ever buy their product though

They aren't my favourite of synth pop bands, I'm not even a fan of that genre. I think they have written enough great tunes to fill a double LP. 

Oops, I had to go to town for work today and some music product may just have been bought by accident

Black Country, New Road - Ants from Up Here. Double Album on 140g Blue Marbled vinyl with full 12" sized Lyric Book

Technically their first album if you cound the previous one as an E.P. which the band apparently do (length wise, it's pretty much a standard album) and as it stands the last album with Issac Woods on Lead guitar and vocals as he announced he was leaving just before the album was released last week (they are continuing without him)

cGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

David Axelrod's debut album from 1968. Song of Innocence. The list of performers is stellar, underpinned by members of the Wrecking Crew. Psychedelic, orchestral, funk and jazz fusion. The critics at the time didn't understand it and it wasn't a commercial success but it is now considered to be a matserpiece and was sampled an awful lot by the hip hop community.

cGVn.jpeg

• Like 2

I am listening to an album by The Dinner Ladies, these knees have seen the world. It reminds me a tiny bit of Leon Rosselson. In their ranks is Lorraine Bowen, one time Billy Bragg collaborator. I am really enjoying it. 

22 hours ago, bickster said:

David Axelrod's debut album from 1968. Song of Innocence. The list of performers is stellar, underpinned by members of the Wrecking Crew. Psychedelic, orchestral, funk and jazz fusion. The critics at the time didn't understand it and it wasn't a commercial success but it is now considered to be a matserpiece and was sampled an awful lot by the hip hop community.

cGVn.jpeg

There's a good article on Axelrod in the current Shindig magazine (available on Readly). 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â