What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

A proper New Order album :D Because Elegia is great to wake up to with a cup of coffee

NjYtNDM0MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Actually what I wanted to listen to was The Saville Show, the only New Order thing I wished I owned. It's a 45 min or so continuous ambient thing that the band (probably just Morris and Gilbert) put together for a Peter Saville retrospective exhibition

Only ever released on CD (3000 copies) and Elegia is sort of the closest you can get to it. I have a copy of it on my old Mac, I may need to fire that up and find it

• Like 2

I remember these when they first started in Liverpool. Gideon Coe had a session of theirs on tonight which made me reach for this CD, I think we must have put them on at some point, as I remember a meeting with them in our office, which is probably when I was given this CD. Loop Guru - Duniya

I always assumed they just gave up the ghost and fizzled out but it seems they were still releasing stuff for the next 12 years and have only recently released a couple of digital EPs of older material

Downtempo and dubby with tablas, sitars, gamelan, bollywood vocals, cut up speeches and samples

I seem to remember they were a pair of pretentious words removed but I did always like this album

NjE3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Spoiler

spacer.png

the kingdom of heaven is within

sticking this on your funky stereo for the first time back in 1970 must have been quite the experience

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just flicked the Brits on, oh my. It’s **** dreadful. There’s some kind of rap/grime relay with talking in fake Jamaican accents going on. 
Is this it? 

I was persuaded to watch a film on that Netflix. We started watching that Power Of The Dog. 

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Absolutely.

Nothing.

Happened.

I gave up after 50 minutes, possibly the dullest thing I’ve ever tried to watch.

So I reverted back to playing mind altering records.

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was persuaded to watch a film on that Netflix. We started watching that Power Of The Dog. 

The first I heard of this film was on the BBC news today, it has apparently been nominated for lots of Pedigree Chum at Crufts or something. The radio went a bit fuzzy, I may have misheard

I suspect it may Winalot

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just flicked the Brits on, oh my. It’s **** dreadful. There’s some kind of rap/grime relay with talking in fake Jamaican accents going on. 
Is this it? 

The Strokes are from New York

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â