What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Yes, I've always been aware of him but I'm rather regretting not buying his first album today too

Meh, it's not going anywhere soon. Now Again reissued it recently on CD and LP.

Ooh, actually, the LP is sort of affordable in the EU. That Brexit sting though :( 

Maybe try see if anyone still has it on the shelves here? If you want the vinyl, that is?

1 minute ago, Xann said:

Meh, it's not going anywhere soon. Now Again reissued it recently on CD and LP.

Ooh, actually, the LP is sort of affordable in the EU. That Brexit sting though :( 

Maybe try see if anyone still has it on the shelves here? If you want the vinyl, that is?

Nah the CD will do fine for me, I'll pick it up next time I'm in town

• Like 1

The only vinyl I bought today. A repress of Entrance - Prayer Death, originally released in 2006

Psychedelic Acid Blues Rock from Chicago. The main player is someone by the name of Guy Blakeslee

Very much not of it's time

Mjg5Ny5naWY.jpeg

I bought a double album called the greatest country show on Ronco, and each performance was introduced by a star from yesteryear, with an additional programme. I play it today and it's a bog standard 70s country music compilation, not live, imagined if the lineup was put together. It cost me peanuts and I only wanted it for a Cash tune that I thought was unique to this recording. It's shit, and I will listen to anything. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

John Holt - one thousand volts of Holt.

Whatever age you are it's around £10 on eBay - buy it - quite simply timeless brilliance.

This isn't my thing, I have heard it and it's not offensive, just not my thing. That said I worked in Telford Our Price and then Virgin, Bob Marley's Legend aside, I would say this album was the best selling reggae (lovers rock) album the shop ever sold. 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

John Holt - one thousand volts of Holt.

Whatever age you are it's around £10 on eBay - buy it - quite simply timeless brilliance.

Thats actually expensive

You should be able to by a decent vinyl or CD copy for around £4 plus postage (which will be still less than £10) on Discogs and I'll wager that a lot of second hand dealers with physical stores will have a copy of it to avoid the postage.

It's not even an original album it's a compilation. iirc it's still the most succesful album any incarnation of Tojan Records has ever sold (by a huge margin)

It's sold that many copies I'd wager a charity shop or two may even have copies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Why get a copy for a fiver when you can buy a shiny new repress in HMV for £21.99.

I'm that sad that I looked it up, it's £20.99 and in the 2 for £40 deal but...

It's sold out :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm that sad that I looked it up, it's £20.99 and in the 2 for £40 deal but...

It's sold out :D

Thing is, I bet if you go in to a HMV they’ll have three copies and they’ll be £20.99, £21.99 and £27.99

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Thing is, I bet if you go in to a HMV they’ll have three copies and they’ll be £20.99, £21.99 and £27.99

Here's a little teaser. Which album that I think both you and I have a copy of is currently priced in HMV at the following prices?

£21.99, £44.99 and £54.99 (unshockingly only the most expensive one is in stock)

I bought my copy in HMV as it happens for £9.99. See ya suckers! (yep as usual they mispriced it and I took full advantage)

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here's a little teaser. Which album that I think both you and I have a copy of is currently priced in HMV at the following prices?

£21.99, £44.99 and £54.99 (unshockingly only the most expensive one is in stock)

I bought my copy in HMV as it happens for £9.99. See ya suckers! (yep as usual they mispriced it and I took full advantage)

Hmmm, something that is either cashing in on a recent death which would make it Lee Scratch Perry, or something that had multiple variations, so I’m going with…erm, nope no idea?  Snapped Ankles?

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Hmmm, something that is either cashing in on a recent death which would make it Lee Scratch Perry, or something that had multiple variations, so I’m going with…erm, nope no idea?  Snapped Ankles?

John Coltrane - Giant Steps. Available in most decent record shops brand new for a tenner

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thats actually expensive

You should be able to by a decent vinyl or CD copy for around £4 plus postage (which will be still less than £10) on Discogs and I'll wager that a lot of second hand dealers with physical stores will have a copy of it to avoid the postage.

It's not even an original album it's a compilation. iirc it's still the most succesful album any incarnation of Tojan Records has ever sold (by a huge margin)

It's sold that many copies I'd wager a charity shop or two may even have copies

I got my copy for £6. But then I looked a few days later and they were suddenly going for £15....

So was sort of using £10 as ball park.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

John Coltrane - Giant Steps. Available in most decent record shops brand new for a tenner

Ah bugger, do you know what, only yesterday evening I was thinking about that very album.

There’s a repress of Coltrane’s ‘Crescent’ recently out which I fancied, but it’s £40.

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â