What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

We used to tour with a 20K Turbosound rig, which was occasionally slept on, but it's transients that cave your ears in.

One of the advantages of working with mostly instro bands that don't keep swapping instruments is they don't tend to drop microphones, and they don't forget to mute the channel between changes :)

Reckon I've done more damage to my ears with headphones and earbuds, swapping between sources, or accidentally turning up volume when looking to scroll the screen up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Receipt in the package?

No!

But it was presented in the modern cookery style, deconstructed.

Had a lovely protective clear outer sleeve, a lovely gloss printed cover, a signed insert, and the record itself. All stacked, not actually put one inside the other. They had mentioned in an e-mail they were knackered and decided to ‘speed up’ the process.

The spine of the cover is olive coloured, so that puts it in a very rarified section of the filing system, between Peace Sword by The Flaming Lips, and Vibraciones Doradas, By Causa Sui.

Oh, and Badly Drawn Boy has liked a retweet of my picture of it. Which makes us besties now.

What a day. 

• Like 2

This one has been sat in the to play box for quite some time and finally got round to playing it as I type. A good collaboration album from 1980, both Ray Price and Willie's voice sound good and an excellent song selection. Add a fantastic backing band and it's really very enjoyable. 

I do like the collaboration albums Willie does, number about 25 or 26, 3 or 4 of them with Ray Price. They give a different unexpected flavour, especially with an artist like Ray Price who I have very few albums by.  

IMG_28012022_160241_(500_x_500_pixel).jpg.9aa7f3a817d866d6450379207032bed3.jpg

Edit. Just finished and it was a real beauty. I could flip it back over and return the needle to track one. I won't as I have others needing attention. 

Edited by Seat68

1984's City of New Orleans. The title track ranks in my favourite Willie Nelson tunes. A couple of tunes looking at the listing seem of their time, my hope is either She's out of my life and wind beneath my wings just happen to have the same title or completely rework the source material. Time will tell. 

IMG_28012022_163854_(500_x_500_pixel).jpg.2645e064e5a1e61d9d00cebafa0494e4.jpg

IMG_28012022_164213_(500_x_500_pixel).jpg.06a9ec8986816cad30e68923718a81cd.jpg

She's out of my life in Willie's hands makes it close to bearable. 

Edited by Seat68

So after my discovery of the David Alexrod track The Fly from 1969 (and how Baxter Dury really should give him credit for Miami), it was kind of serendipitous to find the album on CD in Probe today. So thats what I'm listening to

ZWc.jpeg

• Like 2

So, we had a conversation about Pepe Deluxe in Probe today and I was nudged in the direction of this from 1967. This was a one off project by someone called Mort Garson who was a Canadian composer and early user of Moog synthesisers, know for his Sci-Fi soundscapes

There is a connection with this and the latest Pepe Deluxe album

This is The Zodiac - Cosmic Sounds, every tune is based on a sign of the zodiac (but the band is called The Zodiac not the album - confusing!). There's no signing but there is spoken word in every track. That spoken word is by a bloke called Cyrus Faryar who is some American Folk singer born in the mid-30's (still alive) and he also appears on the Phantom Cabinet Vol 1. It is also claimed that he opened the first Coffee SHop in Hawaii if you want random claims to fame

Anyway, it's bonkers fab and groovey

cGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â