What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Another charidee shop purchase, bught because it had Different Drum on it and I'd been doing some reading / watching about Laurel Canyon. No idea if its a Canadian pressing or a New Zealand one (same serial numbers) and nor can I be arsed to dig any deeper

It's a decent copy but not really my thing, well the Country bits aren't anyway

cGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

More up to date now.

Bambara - Shadow On Everything

Another cheapo sales purchase. quite liking this, definitely shades of early Nick Cave

cGVn.jpeg

Loved their last album too - deffo shades of Cave.

FYI - there’s a new album in the offing soon and the pre-released tracks off it sound great. 

• Like 1

Today's Sunday Morning easy listening is provided by the compilation. Wizzz! (Psychorama Français 66-71)

A great series of compilations of French Psyche-Pop from the mid to late '60s. Currently there are four in the series, I have three

cGVn.jpeg

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Couple of belting songs, but hard to listen to all in one go? Or is that just me?

Wouldn't go as far to say it's you, but for me at least start to finish it is blinding. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

Couple of belting songs, but hard to listen to all in one go? Or is that just me?

It sounds near to live, any production has a real light touch because eyes closed, I could reach out and touch the band. 

Man, that loud scuzzy guitar is brilliant, its the nearest thing to ‘rock’ that I can get in to.

Only three musicians on it, PJ Harvey, Robert Ellis, Steven Vaughan. Very much less is more.

All in one go was no problem.

• Thanks 1

On 21/01/2022 at 09:19, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

As predicted by a few of us on here - it's a belter!

It’s all great but I’m absolutely loving the final 4 tracks!

got tickets for their Bristol gig in November with a couple of mates and already excited 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Wouldn't go as far to say it's you, but for me at least start to finish it is blinding. 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

All in one go was no problem.

Thanks tune buds. I’ll put it down to “it’s just me”. Fair do. For me her later stuff was/is just genius. Earlier stuff is kind of on the edge of brilliant//Not quite sure

• Like 1

Swans - Children of God. First UK Pressing of this double album. Vinyl in remarkably good condition

NDg0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Around the time this album came out (1987), Swans were purported to be the loudest band in the world. My mate put them on at The Mardi Gras in Liverpool and it was so loud that even a seasoned gig goer like me couldn't bear it, I listened to the gig from the staircase being a door. Another mate Dave (of the Room / Benny Profane et al) stuck it out inside, he got a pierced eardrum as a result

I still think its the loudest gig I've ever been to

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Swans - Children of God. First UK Pressing of this double album. Vinyl in remarkably good condition

NDg0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Around the time this album came out (1987), Swans were purported to be the loudest band in the world. My mate put them on at The Mardi Gras in Liverpool and it was so loud that even a seasoned gig goer like me couldn't bear it, I listened to the gig from the staircase being a door. Another mate Dave (of the Room / Benny Profane et al) stuck it out inside, he got a pierced eardrum as a result

I still think its the loudest gig I've ever been to

You (people) think you are invincible when you are young, only now do we look back and wish you hadn't pitched up next to that speaker stack at the Six by Seven gig. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You (people) think you are invincible when you are young, only now do we look back and wish you hadn't pitched up next to that speaker stack at the Six by Seven gig. 

Same venue around the same time. That Petrol Emotion. The stage wasn't the most stable of things and the speaker stack wasn't strapped, its wobbling from the off. Me and a friend Jill took it upon ourselfves to climb the stacks and wedge ourselves between the stacks and the ceiling  to stabilise them. We weren't even working that gig. Dangerous, oh yes. Didn't give it a second thought though, its just what we did, so effectively my ears were inches from the top end speakers in the stack

Ear protection, what's that?

It's no wonder I have tinnitus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â