What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Just listening to it now. A bit Television, a bit Radiohead, a bit War on Drugs, a bit SIlver Apples, a bit Portishead, even. I like it.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

OK, I'm convinced.

It's going on in a bit.

It's a bit dull and unoriginal on first listen if I'm honest. May well be a grower though so I'll definitely give it a few more spins.

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's a bit dull and unoriginal on first listen if I'm honest.

Yeah, definitely derivative. I don't think I'll spend money on it, but I like it all the same.  I suppose that's one of the things - mentioning it's a bit like this band or that band, when those bands are mega. Often/always going to be a let down in comparison.

55 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's a bit dull and unoriginal on first listen if I'm honest. May well be a grower though so I'll definitely give it a few more spins.

I thought that the first couple of listens tbh I much prefered their last record produced by Ty Segall and thought they'd taken a change of direction for the worst.

51 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

@theboyangel

You living in the pool? For some reason I thought you lived in Devon.

Temporary relocation for work!

May be up northwest until end of August to mid september... 

fortunately i have a very understanding wife :D 

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Temporary relocation for work!

May be up northwest until end of August to mid september... 

fortunately i have a very understanding wife :D 

And she’s happy with this affair? 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

And she’s happy with this affair? 

As happy as I could ask for! 

I head home every other week which isn’t great but is better than nothing. 

Missing a summer holiday with the kids is rough though - it will have to be a big trip next year for sure. 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

As happy as I could ask for! 

I head home every other week which isn’t great but is better than nothing. 

Missing a summer holiday with the kids is rough though - it will have to be a big trip next year for sure. 

And how does your bit on the side feel about this? Does she mind you going home every other week? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

Raymond Scott

Polish Radio Experimental Studio is the first series of releases dedicated to the music produced in Studio Eksperymentalne (Polish Radio Experimental Studio).

Discogs

Picked up 'Homo Ludens' from this label, 'The Painters Of Gdansk' is one of my favourite soundtracks now. It's nicely mastered and packaged. Will pick more up, for sure.

There's some bonkers stuff on the parent Bolt label also.

Women that would have been burned as witches a few hundred years ago yelling in their kitchens type of stuff. You'll love it ;)

I was actually listening to some of music of this Eugeniusz Rudnik release quite stuff quite recently, which I thought was very good, kind of like musique concrete radio play type things. But I haven't listened to much recorded at the Polish Radio Experimental Studio beyond that. I'll have to look at some of those others as well.

16 hours ago, useless said:

I was actually listening to some of music of this Eugeniusz Rudnik release quite stuff quite recently, which I thought was very good, kind of like musique concrete radio play type things. But I haven't listened to much recorded at the Polish Radio Experimental Studio beyond that. I'll have to look at some of those others as well.

Very Wacky 

My other purchase from today Jane Weaver - Loops in the Secret Society. Reworkings of tracks from her last two albums with added ambient bits added joing them all together.

R-13787906-1561133665-6833.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

I post this without comment. 

For perspective, that number one slot was one with a combined 6 month sales total of 15,700.

UK’s best selling vinyl albums: January – June 2019

1. Queen – Greatest Hits 
2. Billie Eilish – When We Fall Asleep Where Do We Go
3. Joy Division – Unknown Pleasures
4. Fleetwood Mac – Rumour 
5. Lewis Capaldi – Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
6. Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon
7. David Bowie – Legacy 
8. Various Artists – The Greatest Showman soundtrack 
9. Foals – Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 1
10. Nirvana – Nevermind

• Thanks 1

I've been meaning to give that Billie Eilish release a listen. I remember a few years ago Charli XCX posting about her on her instagram, she was virtually unheard of back then, you could count her followers on instagram in the thousands, now it's the tens of millions, and she's currently one of the biggest pop stars on the planet.  Also noticable about the list is that Dark Side of the Moon, is the only one that I've listened to, although I'm guessing there's a good chance I've heard every song on Queen's Greatest Hits.

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

For perspective, that number one slot was one with a combined 6 month sales total of 15,700.

That's pretty shit numbers.

30-years-of-music-sales-2.png

9 hours ago, useless said:

I've been meaning to give that Billie Eilish release a listen. I remember a few years ago Charli XCX posting about her on her instagram, she was virtually unheard of back then, you could count her followers on instagram in the thousands, now it's the tens of millions, and she's currently one of the biggest pop stars on the planet.  Also noticable about the list is that Dark Side of the Moon, is the only one that I've listened to, although I'm guessing there's a good chance I've heard every song on Queen's Greatest Hits.

yeah, I'd be confident I've heard everything on the Queen album.

As you'd expect, I've heard the Joy Division album, but have never owned it. Fleetwood Mac would be in my wife's collection somewhere.

The rest of it, including Bowie and Pink Floyd, no idea, never listened to any of it. I guess I might know stuff on the Bowie and Floyd. I guess.

I don't know that any of that means anything. It's more a case that it amazes me how many bands there must be producing and selling really quite small numbers. If the number 1 album achieved an average of around 600 sales a week across the UK, well then it's a precarious business for lots involved.

So when you see a dinked edition of Snapped Ankles and it boasts it's a limited edition of 400, that's probably all they would ever hope to sell anyway.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â