What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

22 hours ago, bickster said:

This won't last long on the platter. Full of absolutely staggeringly shite cover versions of some absolute shite. I'd put it in the sell pile but no-one would want it

R-501843-1376384873-9018.jpeg.jpg

I was at one point a wedding present completist so bought this. Its not a great album but The Fall are pretty excellent on it. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

I was at one point a wedding present completist so bought this. Its not a great album but The Fall are pretty excellent on it. 

Yes, those are the best two tracks. Still covers of the Schmeatles though

15 hours ago, bickster said:

@rjw63What turntable is that? And do you find the centre stabilising clamp makes any difference? Always been a bit sceptical myself

Beaten to the reply by Odd Tunes Kid ;)

Yeah, not sure the clamp makes any difference TBH...it looks nice though and came in a posh box :)

The RP3 turntable you can't get for £140 second hand any more unless yer lucky, prices have raised somewhat.

Edited by rjw63
shpeeling
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/04/2019 at 12:08, chrisp65 said:

Now I've paid it some proper attention, it also has a track by Nissenenmondai who are probably my favourite all female Japanese experimental instrumental rock band. 

Not even my favourite Japanese band produced by Adrian Sherwood, that honour goes to...

Japanese Techno Reggae in  dub style

And as it happens I am playing the album We Are Audio Active (Tokyo Space Cowboys) right now having found the CD in the CD section of the vaults about ten minutes ago

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not even my favourite Japanese band produced by Adrian Sherwood, that honour goes to...

And as it happens I am playing the album We Are Audio Active (Tokyo Space Cowboys) right now having found the CD in the CD section of the vaults about ten minutes ago

Obscurier than thou :P

edit, actually we've got 3 more from that epic post rock trio later on in the programme.

• Haha 1

Moving on, I remember this lot when they were called Jellystone Park and were managed by a bloke called Al "Onion" Woodward, he was a shit manager, the band, however, were much better, they live a couple of miles away from me in Crosby

Clinic - Winchester Cathedral

R-435792-1329678662.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I'll have a listen in a little while - I don't know it, but I've deffo seen that picture before. So potentially, I've picked it up at some point and then put it back down as I've found something else. Or you've posted it before!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â