What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

a handful of interesting bits n bobs, but I suspect it will all be at 'special RSD prices'

Yeah...I queued in London last year for the Dennis Wilson one, didn't get it. Got one off eBay for about five quid less than RSD price...now they're ten quid cheaper!!!

On 18/02/2018 at 16:09, bickster said:

Can't remember if @mjmooneywas a fan of Marc Bolan, Ty Segall has never hidden his admiration (even did a whole album of covers) but anyone who likes Bolan should have a listen. Its different enough not to be a pastiche.

No, never a fan of Bolan. 

Meanwhile, the new Jonathan Wilson (Rare Birds). Only one listen so far, but I'm disappointed - not a patch on Fanfare. As I feared, it suffers from 'War On Drugs Syndrome' - way too much electronica and drum machinery (drum machinations?) Fearing the worst for next week's gig, now. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

it suffers from 'War On Drugs Syndrome' - way too much electronica and drum machinery (drum machinations?)

War on Drugs use a proper drummer. I've not seen them live, but the CD covers have a drummer and percussion against the tracksIMG_0566.jpg

56 minutes ago, blandy said:

War on Drugs use a proper drummer. I've not seen them live, but the CD covers have a drummer and percussion against the tracksIMG_0566.jpg

Yeah, I know. I can't work out whether there's a machine in there as well, and/or the drummer is under strict orders to play along with the machine or a click track, and lay off the fills. Either way, it sounds shit, and spoils the (otherwise excellent) songs, for me. I want to hear a drummer with a bit of feel for swing. 

Edited by mjmooney

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I know. I can't work out whether there's a machine in there as well, and/or the drummer is under strict orders to play along with the machine or a click track, and lay off the fills. Either way, it sounds shit, and spoils the (otherwise excellent) songs, for me. I want to hear a drummer with a bit of feel for swing. 

I quite like the motorik beat as an extra added joy in the mix of some of the songs.

I've bought that PSB album twice on CD, and lost it both times.

Searched everywhere, but it's gone. Keep expecting it to 'just turn up' in a wrong case somewhere or in the boot of a car or somesuch.

Not buying it again, people will think it's some sort of payola scam.

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I've bought that PSB album twice on CD, and lost it both times.

Searched everywhere, but it's gone.

Seen any shifty looking  characters around, at all?

ay_111557154-e1370528252141.jpg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â