What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I got into the doors first then as my musical tastes matured slightly I got into the grateful dead. Funny you should say that @mooney, because bloke I worked with a few years back wouldn't have it that they were quite mellow. He thought they were loud and heavy.

GD have nearly everything going for them. Interesting characters, interesting fans, interesting merchandise and I remember a far out animated movie from years back that was quite fun. imho where they didn't deliver was musically. Headscratchingly dull band, considering the fascinating cult that's associated with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xann said:

GD have nearly everything going for them. Interesting characters, interesting fans, interesting merchandise and I remember a far out animated movie from years back that was quite fun. imho where they didn't deliver was musically. Headscratchingly dull band, considering the fascinating cult that's associated with them.

Kind of get what you mean in a strange way, and I say a strange way because I love them.

• Like 1

Not played the deep purple cd I'm spinning at the moment for years. I've not played made in Japan for a bit but I think this one gives it a run for its money. Bit more light and shade and also mr lords organ is less in the mix than usual or he's using it to a different effect. The improvisation just seems a bit more free and looser. Mk2 was more for head banging and mk3 &4 was more funky and for having a good time.

It's very, very emotive and has an eerie fragility to it that I suppose was to be expected.

Basically, it sounds like a bloke who has had the shit kicked out of him mentally and then written an album.

It's brilliant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Mine should be waiting when I get home later.

I'm currently listening to it at work. I was expecting emotion, but my gosh. I'm sat at my desk both amazed and wanting to cry at the same time.

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Basically, it sounds like a bloke who has had the shit kicked out of him mentally and then written an album.

I think that's a top way of describing it. It's bleak, black, haunting. And brilliant - if it's suitable to use that word. The lyrics. God. "Soon the children will be rising" on Distant Sky. 

I've been listening to Foreverland for the past week. I think the tweeness of that has made this seem even more bleak. How on earth he pulled this out I don't know. It's not one for listening to whilst driving.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â