What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Indie music is pretty awful for me, full stop, of all the popular musics it's my least favourite genre. I guess bands like Tala Impala are sort of reviving the 'Britpop' sound. For some but not for me.

Edited by useless

Tried my hardest to like Ocean Colour Scene and the Bluetones. But it just wasn't to be.

As for Tame Impala, can an Aussie band be britpop? I guess so. Tried them too, when the Super Furries stopped releasing records, but again, felt a bit like an imitation / lesser version. 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

ocs-msq.jpg

I posted this on my mate's Facebook page the other day (he's from Leeds, and hates all this kind stuff). I'm pretty sure the 'Brighton Beach DJs' are going to be the two fat lesbians, who used to play every Indie night in Leeds, back in the day.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I'm too edgy for Radiohead these days.

16 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

What does this mean? :lol:

It means in the grand scheme of things Radiohead are quite M.O.R these days (not a criticism in of itself), and if yer edgy enough, there's more interesting things out there to listen to.

3 hours ago, useless said:

Radiohead are quite M.O.R these days

I disagree - I know they did a Bond theme (which was superb) recently, but their last Album (the King of Limbs) was hardly MOR - it was a long way from that.

soundcloud to listen.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, blandy said:

I disagree - I know they did a Bond theme (which was superb) recently, but their last Album (the King of Limbs) was hardly MOR - it was a long way from that.

soundcloud to listen.

Maybe M.O.R was the wrong phrase. I didn't mean it in the sense that someone might call Coldplay or Keane 'Middle of the Road'. Compared to a lot of music that gets a lot of attention from the usual sources like NME, Pitchfork and similar, then I guess they stand out quite a bit. But when measured against a wider choice, in particular the very artists who influence their more experimental side, they begin to sound a bit more safe.

47 minutes ago, useless said:

when measured against a wider choice, in particular the very artists who influence their more experimental side, they begin to sound a bit more safe.

Fair comment in one regard they're not "edgy", but equally they're not unadventurous - they evolve and for a band that's been going so long, they've hardly made a bad record and they've made as many really great ones as any other band I can think of. Most bands do 3 if they're really good and really lucky. I reckon Radiohead have made at least 5 absolute stone wall classics.

And if anyone ever makes a better track than "there there. (the boney king of nowhere)" from Hail to the Thief, they'll be the new kings of the world.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

ocs-msq.jpg

My daughter was born just across the road from that place.   I was about to say that you'd think OCS would play something like that in Birmingham as I'd imagine you are one of quite a small number of people in Leeds who even knows what a Moseley is.  Then I checked the website and saw that they are playing in Digbeth next Friday night. All is well. 

ocs-msq.jpg

My daughter was born just across the road from that place.   I was about to say that you'd think OCS would play something like that in Birmingham as I'd imagine you are one of quite a small number of people in Leeds who even knows what a Moseley is.  Then I checked the website and saw that they are playing in Digbeth next Friday night. All is well. 

Both my daughters (and my granddaughter) were born in the LGI too.

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Excellent album. Although I slightly prefer "Out There".

I've never listened to that one, and don't listen to 'Out To Lunch' often either. A lot of the stuff I like is on the Impulse! label.

Excellent album. Although I slightly prefer "Out There".

I've never listened to that one, and don't listen to 'Out To Lunch' often either. A lot of the stuff I like is on the Impulse! label.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â