What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

361566.jpg

never really gave dylan a chance, am i missing much regarding my taste in music?

Others on here will say no. But I say yes, big time. Knowing the stuff you like, I'd start with Highway 61 Revisited or Blonde on Blonde, and see what you think. 

• Like 2

I saw the 6 CD plus book version earlier today, but at £99.99 thought I'd give it a swerve!

Same here, although I was tempted. I bought the deluxe versions of The Basement Tapes and Self Portrait, but this one seems to be of mainly academic interest - too many multiple takes of well-known songs, rather than unheard of outtakes. I have a mate who's bought the 6-CD version, so I'll rip his to have a listen to it. I've also entered a competition to win the 16-CD version! 

Edited by mjmooney

te.jpg

Black Sabbath, Technical Ecstasy.

gave dylan a listen and for some reason i just cant take to him, although i like the odd song. definitely see why people like him though.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

gave dylan a listen and for some reason i just cant take to him, although i like the odd song. definitely see why people like him though.

I can't stand Dylan, whiny screechy voiced git

• Like 2

not an album as such... but the legend that is                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Carl Cox Live @ Time Warp 2015

Dylan's a great songwriter, on form, and an horrendous performer. His voice is... Irritating.

Just to chime in on the Dylan debate I personally find his voice grates on me and always has, yet he wrote "Masters of War" and is therefore a genius.

yep, and there's a second issue too, so as lovely as 4 double albums would look on the shelf, that's a bit too pricey

lovely CD though, I could be converted to 10 minutes sessions of noodling at this rate

• Like 1

Got quite a lot of German stuff, if you get into it?

The Faust 'Tapes' and 'Faust IV' are two of my absolute favourite albums of all time.

They're just amazingly bonkers, densely chaotic, silly and beautiful - Sometimes all of that squeezed into a couple of seconds, or drawn out into 10 mins plus epics.

With Bicks mentioning he'd like the vinyl - Reckon Faust are a band that would have had to compromise some of their mixes, to avoid running into problems cutting the vinyl master.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â