What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I seem to have missed out on this album last year, after reading some year end list type things I had a listen to bits of it online and stuck it on my to buy list. Bought it on vinyl yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Una2_QKzkw

Ty Segall - Manipulator

Why wasn't this album huge?

Got to be nice to my daughter now so she'll burn me a copy onto cd for the car, she's the only one with a working cd burner :(

EDIT: Be interested to see what Mike Mooney thinks of this tbh

• Like 2

Last night I listened to a compilation put out by the Impulse label called 'The Impulse Album'. I skipped some of the more modern tracks but some really good 60's stuff from people like Max Roach, Gregory Tardy and Oliver Nelson.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I take it Bonamassa is some sort of late 70's mulleted electric guitar vole torture cross over?

He's way too vanilla for my liking, but he's good at what he does, which is more a take on British Blues than the stuff from his own side of the Atlantic.

More Mayall than Muddy.

I take it Bonamassa is some sort of late 70's mulleted electric guitar vole torture cross over?

He's way too vanilla for my liking, but he's good at what he does, which is more a take on British Blues than the stuff from his own side of the Atlantic.

More Mayall than Muddy.

Totally agree. He's a good player, but somehow never more than the sum of his influences (i.e. Clapton, Page, Rory Gallagher, etc.) I have 'Live From Nowhere in Particular', and that'll do for me.

More Mayall than Muddy.

Totally agree. He's a good player, but somehow never more than the sum of his influences (i.e. Clapton, Page, Rory Gallagher, etc.) I have 'Live From Nowhere in Particular', and that'll do for me.

The mention of Mayall makes me want to look him up, which I will later.

Is he one of these that just can't get it translated into recordings? One of the best live bands for years was Nine Below Zero, saw them so many times. But man, their records were dreary. Similarly, I've never found a BB King record that actually sounded as good as BB King did when I heard him live.

More Mayall than Muddy.

The mention of Mayall makes me want to look him up, which I will later.

Is he one of these that just can't get it translated into recordings? One of the best live bands for years was Nine Below Zero, saw them so many times. But man, their records were dreary. Similarly, I've never found a BB King record that actually sounded as good as BB King did when I heard him live.

I prefer Joe when he rocks as opposed to when he plays the blues

http://youtu.be/zJww_oi6Ojo

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â