What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Rumours.jpg amazingly had never heard the album itself before, just a couple of the more well known songs. Good album really.

I was always told not to listen to rumours.

• Like 4

Groan.............. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Rumours was one of those albums that I never needed to buy because all my mates owned it, so whoever's house I went to, they'd more than likely have the thing on.

Bought it on CD a couple of years ago cos I ain't seen most of my old mates for over 30 years!  :D

Mikal Cronin - MCII

Have managed to listen to it 3 times in the last couple of days. Has a 70's / 90's influence. Sometimes sounds a bit beach boysy sometimes a bit stone rosey. Anyway can't fairly pigeon hole it beyond the broad 'indie rock' label as I'm rubbish at that sort of thing. But I do quite like it. Will recommend 'Weight' or 'Am I Wrong' for youtube sampling.

• Like 1

If it's number one anywhere it'll be the The Faroe Islands. In all honsesty it's not that kind of record though (meaning most people will think it's a load of rubbish) but I like it.

BrezDsUIEAA9KKA.jpg

Black Keys CD was disappointing, as in, had that been the first Black Keys CD I'd bought, it would likely also have been the last.

Sharon Jones, on the other hand, is rather grand once you tune in to an album of mid paced tunes.

BrezDsUIEAA9KKA.jpg

Black Keys CD was disappointing, as in, had that been the first Black Keys CD I'd bought, it would likely also have been the last.

Sharon Jones, on the other hand, is rather grand once you tune in to an album of mid paced tunes.

I've heard good things about the black keys album, no good then?

5aec5977a5.jpg

Bi Plane Angel Beam's first album, 8 Man Madras Fart?

Superb Mr Crisp. :clap:

How are we expected to know what this album is, with no description, or info on the cover? Even the url link doesn't give any clues.  

Rugeley, well it's all down to personal taste, and it's only had one listen. I'd also guess from previous posts our tastes are a bit different - I'm not really liking the heavy metal excess side of music, this was 'excessive'.

But a lot of the reasons I liked the previous two albums I'd picked up (Brothers & El Camino) appear to have gone. Certainly the album Brothers was pared back, sparse and distinctive. This was more a middling rock album. I don't really like middling rock, life's too short. Bryan Adams sprung to mind, or INXS (not that I've ever listened to a Brian Adams album). Somebody (Dave I think), referenced the Black Keys and the impression they were coke influenced in their Glastonbury interview. This whole album sounded to me like the last two albums had bought them too much coke and too much studio time and not enough honest advice from friends.

But all that off a single listen sat in London traffic! So I'll play it again one day.

Today, sat in the office, looking out over sunny, dappled green Sofia Gardens Park, it's currently all about Sharon Jones on loop. 

Rugeley, well it's all down to personal taste, and it's only had one listen. I'd also guess from previous posts our tastes are a bit different - I'm not really liking the heavy metal excess side of music, this was 'excessive'.

But a lot of the reasons I liked the previous two albums I'd picked up (Brothers & El Camino) appear to have gone. Certainly the album Brothers was pared back, sparse and distinctive. This was more a middling rock album. I don't really like middling rock, life's too short. Bryan Adams sprung to mind, or INXS (not that I've ever listened to a Brian Adams album). Somebody (Dave I think), referenced the Black Keys and the impression they were coke influenced in their Glastonbury interview. This whole album sounded to me like the last two albums had bought them too much coke and too much studio time and not enough honest advice from friends.

But all that off a single listen sat in London traffic! So I'll play it again one day.

Today, sat in the office, looking out over sunny, dappled green Sofia Gardens Park, it's currently all about Sharon Jones on loop. 

That was actually in reference to Kasabian's interview, but the same probably applies.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â