What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

'Off The Wall', 'Thriller' and 'Bad' are great pop records.

So I'm told. But they are from the period when I seriously fell out of love with 90% of popular music. 

I'll be more specific. Michael Jackson was OK (just OK, not great) until his voice broke, i.e. J5 up to about 1973. I'll Be There, ABC, The Love You Save - that stuff, before Motown stiffed completely. 

Didn't he own the rights to The Beatles' songs at one point?

Not a Bad way to make money.

He did.

Ironically, McCartney told him to invest in publishing rights.

He made at least a billion from them.

I've had a text off one of my gig buddies this morning, he's woken up with a bad head but a phone full of photo's of him with the band, a bunch of stickers and badges and a signed poster. He's 46 years old.

• Like 1

zw1de9.jpg

Leszek Mozdzer - 'Komeda'

Solo pianist Mozdzer playing the music of Krzysztof Komeda, Poland's most influential soundtrack composer.

'Rosemary's Baby' is probably his most well known score.

• Like 1

Spirit, self titled debut album.

Received wisdom is that 'The 12 Dreams of Dr Sardonicus' is their best, but I prefer that debut album (just ahead of 'Spirit of 76').

My grandad has all their stuff, but he never got me into them. Bloke I used to work with gave me their debut album to listen to and I loved it. I'd heard of them and randy california but never gave them a listen. I've got some of their albums but not all of them, but I must admit my favourite is the debut album.

Just got the airplane on rotate today. surrealistic pillow, followed by, after bathing at baxters and then finishing off with crown of creation.While I stroke off to Grace Slick

;)

The doors, The soft parade. How this album got slated I don't know, better than half of their albums. One of my favs by them. The mrs has turned it off and put fleetwood mac's rumours on. I'll let her off this time.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â