What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I was only introduced to Cash relatively recently (5 or 6 years), I put the obvious 'Ring of Fire' on a CD for the car, just as a cheesey fun singalong.

Man, what an artist.

Johnny_Cash_At_Folsom_Prison.jpg

An old favourite. Listened to it on the way to work this morning. I always thought I liked the version of Cocaine Blues best, but I was reminded how great the version of Orange Blossom Special is on this recording. 

Orange blossom special is my favourite cash album, you are right its a great version on this album and this is a pretty damn good album. To be contrary I think Pa Osteraker, a swedish prison album is great, worth anyones time. Its the better of his prison albums. Its from a good period, in my eyes at least, and its not got the usual Cash hits on it at least on the original, the rerelease did. Great album.

My mate put a load of Cash albums on my external hard drive (he's a massive fan and has most of his albums), so I'll have a look to see if it's on there.

Turns out of the 34 Cash albums he's given me, that one isn't amongst them. Shame. Gives me something to look out for when record shopping though. Video you posted was great by the way. You're right about Anita Carter's vocal too, beautiful. 

• Like 1

Cash's later career does turn up some real gems, which brings us neatly back on topic. Now playing Johnny Cash - Johnny 99.

That one is on there. Just put it on now.

Listening to The Best of SHACK

and particularly this

Madly I only realised today that its written about an old old friend of mine (and the Head's) Michelle Brown

I thought he was dead.

yup. Unreleased stuff.

Its actually not bad, although outrageously short.

I know its unlikely, but if anybody on VT is considering buying it, don't go for the deluxe version.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â