What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

dinosaurpileup_naturenurture1.jpg

Nature Nuture by Dinosaur Pile-Up

Not sure what it is about this band but they have released an album in 'Nature Nuture' that has received more playtime in the last 12 months than almost any other album in my collection.

Their sound is a mixture of power-pop with post-grunge. If I was to put that combination into band form I'd say they sound like a slightly more pop oriented Foo Fighters. 

Deep purple, live in denmark 72. Mk2 were without doubt the most explosive live band around at the time. All 5 members contribute to create so much energy its unreal.

Prefer Mk III ;)

Grateful dead, wake of the flood. One of my favourite albums by them.

American Beauty man myself, I think its a flawless album but outside of workingmans dead for me at least they didnt replicate it.

both good albums. when im in the mood for the dead I can listen to them all day. great live band.

When I first heard of the Dead, I assumed from the name they would be a mega-heavy band along the lines of Black Sabbath. So when I heard Workingman's Dead I was quite perplexed - not only was it lightweight CSN-style country rock it was exceedingly weedy sounding lightweight CSN-style country rock!  

Of course, with repeated listens to that and American Beauty I grew to love it. 

But TBH my favourite Dead style is the long spacey jams as exemplified by Live/Dead. 

Grateful dead, wake of the flood. One of my favourite albums by them.

American Beauty man myself, I think its a flawless album but outside of workingmans dead for me at least they didnt replicate it.

both good albums. when im in the mood for the dead I can listen to them all day. great live band.

When I first heard of the Dead, I assumed from the name they would be a mega-heavy band along the lines of Black Sabbath. So when I heard Workingman's Dead I was quite perplexed - not only was it lightweight CSN-style country rock it was exceedingly weedy sounding lightweight CSN-style country rock!

Of course, with repeated listens to that and American Beauty I grew to love it.

But TBH my favourite Dead style is the long spacey jams as exemplified by Live/Dead.

very easy on the ear. But I agree with you mooney, my favourite part of the dead is the long long long jams they did. I'm very much into that type of music. The west coast bands did a lot of that like many 60s and 70s bands. My main fault with sabbath is that they were not a great live band and could not hold down half hour of improvisation like many other bands could. The dead were one of the great live bands.
  • Like 1

V0dXuVb.jpg

y7NgdVf.jpg

surprised you aint got any grateful dead. Must admit I'm not a huge fan of dio's style but anything with iommi and butler on is worth a listen and dio has made some great stuff with rainbow and sabbath. This is a decent album but not a memorable one for me but iommi kicks arse per usual.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â